+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One goal beats Motherwell

re: One goal beats Motherwell

As I said in a previous post and what we all see is we don't have the players with the ability to carry out instructions asked by the manager. As LSM said in his post, that was an underpar Celtic side today and we put no pressure on them whatsoever. I was looking at Ambrose today looking like a fish out of water wide right, now, If you were playing on our left today you would have been rubbing your hands at the thought of taking this clown to the cleaners, not once did we put this bombscare of a player under any pressure. The guy is a mistake waiting to happen and we allowed him, and the rest of the Celtic players an easy afternoon. A lot of our players are needing to grow a set and take the game by the scruff of the neck and get stuck in.

We have two of the worst fullbacks I have ever seen at fir park ,on a day we paid tribute to the greatest left back I have seen at Fir Park we then had to watch Joe Chalmers show why he was rejected by other clubs offers us nothing .On the other side Law couldn't tackle a fish supper one time he got passed the "dug eater " and put in a decent cross just won't do .Heard McGhee say Laing could be a very good midfield player well Mark if your trying to drive the fans away keep picking the same type of team you picked today and FP will be empty .McGhee had a shot to nothing today even if we had been well beat I think everybody would have said well it's his first game,but to be so negative you could smell the fear coming from our dug out over in the East Stand should have picked a team to have a go today was an embarrassment said before we need to off load about 6or 7 players or we go down

Got to agree re Chalmers. He is certainly not the player to replace Hammell at left back.

The only positive from that is our goal difference wasn't completely gutted which on another day it could well have been.

Utterly dismal.

IMO the team was set up for damage limitation.At no time did we look like creating chances therefore little or no chance of winning the game.If manager intends playing this formation every week we are in real trouble as opposition only need to score one goal to win games.We had two shots at goal and according to stats one was on target which was more like a pass back.We played three so called wide men at different times during the gamely Johnston,Ainsworth and Thomas not one of them put in a telling cross or created space for others to do so.Ripley needs a seat on the bench as he is now flapping at everything that comes into the box.If Laing is a midfield player then McManus must be Beckenbaur,Scott Brown and Chris Commons strutted their stuff in midfield with all the time in the world to make their telling paces,without one of our players closing them down or putting in a serious challenge.Players like Ainsworth,Thomas and Johnson are luxury players who look good when your winnin

No offence JWOK, but your post subject line is a tad misleading. Granted, we did only lose by 1 ... but my God that first half prformance was turgid in the extreme! I thought we were down 2 men and they had 2 more than was allowed such was the level of possession and time they had on the ball. If MM thought he'd half the team he had 1st time around, then today was a big, big wake-up call. I actually felt embarrassed watching that cringeworthy show. No signs of hope anywhere, and as for Ainsworth's contribution when he came on, just don't get me going on that !!

Celtic never broke a sweat that was utterly dire was so dull we done absolutely nothing all game I myself can't take nothing positive from the game as we done nothing in the game.

Next game against Aberdeen be the really eye opener.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    No offence JWOK, but your post subject line is a tad misleading. Granted, we did only lose by 1 ... but my God that first half prformance was turgid in the extreme! I thought we were down 2 men and they had 2 more than was allowed such was the level of possession and time they had on the ball. If MM thought he'd half the team he had 1st time around, then today was a big, big wake-up call. I actually felt embarrassed watching that cringeworthy show. No signs of hope anywhere, and as for Ainsworth's contribution when he came on, just don't get me going on that !!
    Your post is in line with all the others accurately highlighting how abjectly poor we were today but you should have stopped before your last 16 words which is just an embarrassing hateful inaccurate diatribe at a player who still remains our most productive player in this calendar year, which doesn't say a lot, but I thought I'd finally worn down the non football minded Ains

Yes, we were set up for damage limitation and although fortunate a 1-0 home loss to Celtic isn't the end of the world. In total we played for about 20 minutes out of 90. Mark McGhee will have learnt a fair bit about his new charges and hopefully we will now see his ideas put into practice rather than those of the assistant manager. Our off the ball play was very poor and that affected our on the ball play, when we failed to retain possession.

He might be our most constructive but he is also our laziest ,he only plays when he fancies it tracks back when he fancies it a total enigma bags of skill but one lazy little ********* .Maybe McGhee will shake him up and his attitude turns round nothing to do with his skill factor just his attitude

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)