+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fans leaving early

re: Fans leaving early

So if Warnock came out and said its not good.

Would your answer be it's a free country.

He showed commitment the players did and some fans didn't in my humble opinion.

That makes about as much sense as getting bothered about something that doesn't affect you.

You only support when we're winning, support when we're winning!!!

Let's not make such a big deal about this. Fair play to the people who have posted that they walked out on 80 mins, I'm sure they'll be gutted that they missed what is probably one of our best fight backs ever but also ecstatic that we somehow scrambled a draw.

Fans have different ways of expressing how they feel and for some the hurt is too much to take but they still pay their money every week.

For me it was great to see old grannies chanting Campy what's the score at the Derby fans and who are ya at the final whistle.

Some always leave at around 80mins but it's them that actually left at 66 mins that got me.

I will hold my hands up, when their third goal went in, I felt like leaving. I jumped up and shouted at Broadfoot to sort them out and wake them up, which he heard as I was on the front row of the East Stand. I then sat in my chair, almost too distraught to move. I don't think we had even actually played that bad up until that point, other than the terrible third goal. Tom Ince played very well against us though, always looked a threat.

Because of the last 3 wins and because I thought we were unlucky to be 3-0 down, I stayed. And I remember looking at the scoreboard and seeing 81 minutes gone. I said to my daughter that we will be going in a minute or two. So I had planned to go, then we scored. And I thought, see how it goes, if we get a second, it will set up an enthralling finale - and it was brilliant!

I came out of the ground overjoyed, as were the rest of the Millers. Under Redfearn I would no doubt have left, but Warnock has instilled a never-say-die spirit, and it's grea

I got up to leave and we scored our first just as I was at the end of the row and about to walk down the steps. Saw the remainder of the match at the entrance to one of the exit tunnels. So glad I stayed!

I'm with pocket on this.

If anyone wants to leave early it's entirely up to them but personally speaking, I never leave early. Seems sort of disrespectful to see the ground emptying well before the end.

There's definitely some raw nerves on show in this thread. Almost certainly frustration at having missed a unique event, probably never to be witnessed again. Here's a thought lads and lasses, stay for the full 90 next time.....you never know, a full baying stadium at 93 mins on Saturday might just have squeezed out a winner :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234