+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 560 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159559 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Never mind only a week or so for you to wait to call the young loons in the signing section ' embarrassing '...again eh !
    That is why I called you a 'knobend' ...for your comment about them...

Now I will say it once more... The majority who regularly post on here are from outside Aberdeen ...you have to travel to get to games in Aberdeen ....you seem to say that just because you travel it should be no problem for others to do the same ...fair enough argument but a large % of dons fans don't want to move out of town as they see the heart being ripped out of the club....just as it has happened to clubs over the years from other parts of the U.K... Being within walking distance of going for a meal before/after a game/doing a bit of shopping in town/meeting the wife/mates for a couple of pints after a game...catching just one bus from anywhere in Aberdeen to town centre and doing all of the above ....even walking from your house to pittodrie....all will be lost .....hearts have listened to their fans who do not want to move...they will now find ways to raise several million pounds to build a new stand....surely if we have to borrow millions which will have a big impact on our playing budget for years there must be ways of doing up pittodrie over a number of years ?? It seems some fans are so desperate to move they are willing to accept anything they being fed from Milne and co...they should build the training ground at Kingsford and that's it....
    They were embarrassing then and if it's the same next time I'll say it again, surely things like rhythm and cadence matter, if you are trying to do the Icelandic clap thing and failing to clap at the same time. You look silly.
    Each to their own though.

As regards the rest of it just a stream of consciousness vomit of many activities.

The club gets more support from outside the city than in it and is responding to that to some degree with the move.

You know listening to the supporters - which according to DST are overwhelmingly in favour of a move.

But I guess there will be some, like you and your pal Meister, who want to stay put no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by naetaebashersallowed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by khawaga
    It's as rare as hens teeth that i would stoop to the level of personal remarks on here, but by christ i'll be almost glad when our European run comes to an end, and you disappear for another year.

F4ck me guys, this is getting boring.
    Euromeister doesn't help himself by spouting shyte at times but you lot need to let the Eurotim crap go.
    It's probably putting folk off posting on here!

It's like a few years ago on here before there was the mass exodus of posters, repetitive shyte but at least Kelt, Cheesepipes etc. made me laugh out loud at times.
    You really think that folk calling eurotim eurotim would stop anybody posting on here?

Oh and as an aside

I was at dinner tonight with someone who's involved in stadia design and build and they've been talking to the club, but don't reckon they'll get it.

Hearts have been at Tynecastle since 1886. Hibs have been at Easter Road since 1893. Aberdeen have been at Pittodrie since 1899.

Sorry, Easter Road and Tynecastle are not '****-holes'. That night be too much to understand (or admit) for some on here but these clubs have both redeveloped there grounds over time - since the 1990's. Tynecastle is on the verge of getting a new main-stand as the current stand is too old. Both these grounds are inner city grounds in the heart of the communities in which the club has had a historical foothold in for over 100 years. In the case of Hearts Gorgie/Dalry and in the case of Hibs (Leith). The surroundings of the clubs are closely linked to the club and the fans who go to these grounds each weekend - pubs, bars and surroundings. Its part of the identity of the club.

Likewise Pittodrie is where Aberdeen FC have been for over 100 years. The one commodity whenever the clubs is not doing well that is ours and will remain so through thick and thin. It should have been nurtured and developed over the 1990's to make it into a modern ground. That is not our fault that is the failing of the board from the 1990's onwards.

The board current use the words 'soul' 'spirit' and 'tradition' - so why are they wanting to move then? All the soul, spirit and tradition is in Pittodrie where everything happened since 1899.

In the 1980's Pittodrie was the most progressive stadium going at least in Scotland. The fact that it has been left to decline aside from Merkland roof and RDS is criminal. This is the fault of the club.

Having said that there is not much wrong with the stadium. Each any every person I know who visits Pittodrie and is not a Dons fans like it. They like the shape of it and old school nature of it.

We have been fed lies and propaganda over a number of years by Milne and his cronies that Pittodrie cannot be developed. Sorry, not buying it - pure propaganda.

We were told that the land where the gasworks were was 'contaminated' - 3 years later houses on top.
    We were told car park across from Pittodrie cannot be built upon - why?

Has anyone dared to think about the masses of space around Pittodrie?? Take a helicopter view and look down upon where Pittodrie stands between graveyard and the golf course and there is a vast amount of space for redevelopment.

Kingswells and Westhill are nothing to do with Aberdeen FC. They are out of town localities on the fringes of the city which both have no historical footprint on the club whatsoever. They will not be popular locations to get to.

Some of the points on here and staggering from people who propose to love the club. DST aside (or as I call them the chocolate teapot) some people want to move as 'the toilets are crap' and 'the pie stall concessions are poor'.

Some people want to move from Pittodrie as they want a scoreboard.

So you wouldn't like to see a scoreboard at Pittodrie Stadium?

Coventry City, Derby County, Darlington, St Mirren, Newport and tons of others have moved stadium and for what??? Masses of debt, no progress and turn the most prised historical commodity they have (home stadium) into a Tesco and IKEA and move to some soulless location.

I will tell you some Aberdeen fan want to look at themselves and there historical attachment to the club. F*eckin disgrace that DST come out and propose to represent so many Dons fans on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroMeister View Post
    Hearts have been at Tynecastle since 1886. Hibs have been at Easter Road since 1893. Aberdeen have been at Pittodrie since 1899.

Sorry, Easter Road and Tynecastle are not '****-holes'. That night be too much to understand (or admit) for some on here but these clubs have both redeveloped there grounds over time - since the 1990's. Tynecastle is on the verge of getting a new main-stand as the current stand is too old. Both these grounds are inner city grounds in the heart of the communities in which the club has had a historical foothold in for over 100 years. In the case of Hearts Gorgie/Dalry and in the case of Hibs (Leith). The surroundings of the clubs are closely linked to the club and the fans who go to these grounds each weekend - pubs, bars and surroundings. Its part of the identity of the club.

Likewise Pittodrie is where Aberdeen FC have been for over 100 years. The one commodity whenever the clubs is not doing well that is ours and will remain so through thick and thin. It should have been nurtured and developed over the 1990's to make it into a modern ground. That is not our fault that is the failing of the board from the 1990's onwards.

The board current use the words 'soul' 'spirit' and 'tradition' - so why are they wanting to move then? All the soul, spirit and tradition is in Pittodrie where everything happened since 1899.

In the 1980's Pittodrie was the most progressive stadium going at least in Scotland. The fact that it has been left to decline aside from Merkland roof and RDS is criminal. This is the fault of the club.

Having said that there is not much wrong with the stadium. Each any every person I know who visits Pittodrie and is not a Dons fans like it. They like the shape of it and old school nature of it.

We have been fed lies and propaganda over a number of years by Milne and his cronies that Pittodrie cannot be developed. Sorry, not buying it - pure propaganda.

We were told that the land where the gasworks were was 'contaminated' - 3 years later houses on top.
    We were told car park across from Pittodrie cannot be built upon - why?

Has anyone dared to think about the masses of space around Pittodrie?? Take a helicopter view and look down upon where Pittodrie stands between graveyard and the golf course and there is a vast amount of space for redevelopment.

Kingswells and Westhill are nothing to do with Aberdeen FC. They are out of town localities on the fringes of the city which both have no historical footprint on the club whatsoever. They will not be popular locations to get to.

Some of the points on here and staggering from people who propose to love the club. DST aside (or as I call them the chocolate teapot) some people want to move as 'the toilets are crap' and 'the pie stall concessions are poor'.

Some people want to move from Pittodrie as they want a scoreboard.

So you wouldn't like to see a scoreboard at Pittodrie Stadium?

Coventry City, Derby County, Darlington, St Mirren, Newport and tons of others have moved stadium and for what??? Masses of debt, no progress and turn the most prised historical commodity they have (home stadium) into a Tesco and IKEA and move to some soulless location.

I will tell you some Aberdeen fan want to look at themselves and there historical attachment to the club. F*eckin disgrace that DST come out and propose to represent so many Dons fans on this matter.
    What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    What's your point?
    A couple of points:

1: You are basically a 'no mark nobody' who jumps on just about everything I post and trivialises it.

2: If you are happy to see AFC move to a new stadium you might as well not call yourself a Dons fan.

And 3:

Go and join that other no mark Pacman and don't bother commenting on my posts again as your comments are not welcome to me.

Take a helicopter view and look down upon where Pittodrie stands
    We don't all have your aviation bargaining skills unfortunately.

A couple of points:

If you are happy to see AFC move to a new stadium you might as well not call yourself a Dons fan.

Hang on hang on! so in the recent poll 75% were in favour of moving, therefore by your thinking 75% of our "so called fans" are infact not supporters of the Dons?

A couple of points:

1: You are basically a 'no mark nobody' who jumps on just about everything I post and trivialises it.

2: If you are happy to see AFC move to a new stadium you might as well not call yourself a Dons fan.

And 3:

Go and join that other no mark Pacman and don't bother commenting on my posts again as your comments are not welcome to me.
    If you go into your profile settings you'll find an option for adding people to your ignore list. I think you'll find more success using that than trying to persuade folk you don't like not to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    You really think that folk calling eurotim eurotim would stop anybody posting on here?
    No but the repetitive nature of the name calling and the same spiel repeated time after time might.
    As I said, he doesn't help himself but whenever he posts pretty much soon afterwards the usual suspects pile in and start the usual p1sh about eurotim, co-effiecient, cheap travel etc.

Page 59 of 560 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159559 ... LastLast