+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Someone who distrusts 'Mainstream Media' but accepts every word shat at them by The National, Wings Over Scotland or Scotland for business. They're pretty gullible. I suspect most people are aware the disinformation they are being fed but are content that the end result is the most important thing and it doesn't matter how it is achieved.

Actually 'gullible' was a dig at Mason who has talked about 'cringe' 'shame' 'nawbag' (is that's reference to Bawbag or Sh!tebag?) amongst other things. I voted No. Most of you voted Yes, fair enough, we have different opinions about the Union. Doesn't make us fu(king cowardly.
    That's absolutely fine Standfree, thanks for the explanation. However given the MSM and I include the BBC in that are the forum for the vast majority of Scots would it be fair to refer to them as gullible ? As a fair minded Man will you be happy the MSM and the Unionist they serve are subjected to the rigorous scrutiny they avoided last time. And equally awkward question are asked of them similar to the ones asked of the Yes side last time ? ..A fair crack of the whip this time is all we are asking.
    Last edited by stewarty27; 13-10-2016 at 09:36 PM.

I have no problem with calling standfreeFM out as a shytebag. I stick to my guns

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    And the other thing that has always puzzled me about them is that they hate Scotland being ruled from London, but are absolutely gagging for Scotland to be ruled from Brussels. Where's the logic in that?
    Don't really understand this objection. Does that mean you think every other EU member state is ruled from Brussels? Surely it's the UK that's the anomaly here, nae the other countries of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    team work makes the dream work. Vote Yes 2.
    Yup.
    Team work will do it . Some folk would be best to get rid of their hate for the SNP and see through what an independent country could be and what a part everyone could play in bringing our country forward.
    The union isnt working its loosing it's grip on reality.
    The most googled thing on the Internet the following day of the brexit vote was what does brexit mean you couldn't make that up.
    The media like the daily mail front page hate stories really had a role in that too.
    Let's get rid of Westminster let's change things for the better without the mist we will the see where we will go and what can be achieved. I've no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    That's absolutely fine Standfree, thanks for the explanation. However given the MSM and I include the BBC in that are the forum for the vast majority of Scots would it be fair to refer to them as gullible ? As a fair minded Man will you be happy the MSM and the Unionist they serve are subjected to the rigorous scrutiny they avoided last time. And equally awkward question are asked of them similar to the ones asked of the Yes side last time ? ..A fair crack of the whip this time is all we are asking.
    There are gullible folk on both sides. That's what happens when you read only what you know is going to support your views. I'm not naive enough not to see that newspapers and the media can have a slant but the National seems to be on a par with Fox News and Russia Today for myopic reporting. And as for 'Main Stream Media' (canna stand that 'Conspiracy Theories' type moniker), the BBC et al have journalistic standards which bloggers previously mentioned simply do not and will not follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Yup.
    Team work will do it . Some folk would be best to get rid of their hate for the SNP and see through what an independent country could be and what a part everyone could play in bringing our country forward.
    The union isnt working its loosing it's grip on reality.
    The most googled thing on the Internet the following day of the brexit vote was what does brexit mean you couldn't make that up.
    The media like the daily mail front page hate stories really had a role in that too.
    Let's get rid of Westminster let's change things for the better without the mist we will the see where we will go and what can be achieved. I've no doubt about that.
    Jeez, I don't hate the SNP. I know it's a cliche but some of my friends are members, some of them very involved. My issue is that the SNP have zealotry focus on independence that overrides everything which includes the governing of the country you and I live in. There is almost no incentive for them to govern effectively as they can do nowt and blame "Westminster" when something goes wrong.

"You couldn't make it up"? Maybe not. But context helps. How many searches were required to produce this result? Fewer than a thousand per day.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    There are gullible folk on both sides. That's what happens when you read only what you know is going to support your views. I'm not naive enough not to see that newspapers and the media can have a slant but the National seems to be on a par with Fox News and Russia Today for myopic reporting. And as for 'Main Stream Media' (canna stand that 'Conspiracy Theories' type moniker), the BBC et al have journalistic standards which bloggers previously mentioned simply do not and will not follow.
    This doesn't answer my point that the vast majority of the Scottish population get their info from the MSM and they are overwhelmingly pro Unionist. As far as I know there are 37 publications in Scotland including regionals. and only 2 of them are supportive of Indy. And the BBC were overtly biased during Indyref1 especially in the days up to the vote. As for journo's "standards" and integrity they do as they're told pure and simple. In fairness to pro indy blogger they ask the question a biased media won't. To be honest I have little time for WoS I don't like Campbells abrasive style. but at the same time the content can be v interesting. Surely we owe it to ourselves to look at all info available to us including the "alternative view" I do hope Standfree you will be opened minded when it comes to Indyref2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Voting No means you're voting for Savile. It really is that simple
    Bang on.

Vote NO for Nonce.

The Yes Campaign can have that one for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Voting No means you're voting for Savile. It really is that simple
    That has to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever written on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    That has to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever written on here.
    I suppose if you break it down.. Savile was Mr BBC a lot of his evil deeds were done on BBC premises The BBC covered up his acts knew about them and did nothing.... the BBc are culpable ... The BBC voice of the British Establish on internal and foreign policy was overtly biased during the referendum. Naw right enough it is stupid

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast