+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Owen Coyle Secret Agent

Owen Coyle Secret Agent

Whilst most of you can understand the current pleasure Judas is giving Clarets supporters, what is the terrace view of the job he is doing so far.

I have with interest listened to his recent post match interviews and it makes me cringe the sh-te he continues to come out with.

Talks a very good game but very little else.
    It was another catastrophic decision by venkys
    no thought no knowledge no sensitivity
    taking the obvious local rivalry connections to one side he was lauded as a outstanding candidate
    how?
    He has done nothing since Burnley
    at the time I believe they should of appointed Russell slade
    would he of done better?
    who knows but he certainly would of had more support.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Talks a very good game but very little else.
    It was another catastrophic decision by venkys
    no thought no knowledge no sensitivity
    taking the obvious local rivalry connections to one side he was lauded as a outstanding candidate
    how?
    He has done nothing since Burnley
    at the time I believe they should of appointed Russell slade
    would he of done better?
    who knows but he certainly would of had more support.
    It certainly was a strange choice, given Coyle's history. I actually don't care too much about the b*ll**** he spouts. He's no different from about 90% of managers in that respect. Hardly any of them can watch or judge a game objectively.
    In addition, he has been badly restricted by injuries and financial restraints.
    In other words, it's not so much about him as a manager; it's more that it does - as you say, Robin - display a remarkable degree of insensitivity and lack of nous on Venky's part - yet again - to appoint someone with local baggage!
    I don't know, really, why we're surprised by this, given their record, but there you go...onwards and upwards - or possibly downwards.

Only Venkys could fall for this clown ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXH_goIL7XI ..

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    It certainly was a strange choice, given Coyle's history. I actually don't care too much about the b*ll**** he spouts. He's no different from about 90% of managers in that respect. Hardly any of them can watch or judge a game objectively.
    In addition, he has been badly restricted by injuries and financial restraints.
    In other words, it's not so much about him as a manager; it's more that it does - as you say, Robin - display a remarkable degree of insensitivity and lack of nous on Venky's part - yet again - to appoint someone with local baggage!
    I don't know, really, why we're surprised by this, given their record, but there you go...onwards and upwards - or possibly downwards.
    I was fairly flabbergasted at the time, but all the same the old 'let's not judge too harshly until he's shown his hand', came to bear.
    Well now he has and despite all the trials he's having to put up with, he's just not achieving the desired level that are needed, and for very many what this squad should be capable of.
    Indications so far point to us going down, or surviving by the skin of our teeth.
    As said he talks himself the players the squad up, nothing new there. It's said it's refreshing to hear a man so positive. However we had one earlier that thought himself above anyone everyone and he has gone down in the annals of infamy for the BRFC support.
    It's ok talking a good positive game, but you have to back it up.
    I seem to be in the minority with my view on Lambert in him just seeing and saying it how it was. Yes dire it was, but in fact dire it is.
    I like man who just tells it how it is, and speaks his mind.
    Chalk and cheese, but ultimately in the same dire dilemma positional wise.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)