+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa May

Starting look unlikely that Theresa will get the landslide she's after, not that it would make any difference in Brexit negotiations. Not convinced she'll see out the year as PM, anyone for BoJo?

According to Sky :

Research by YouGov for The Times says that the Conservatives risk falling short of winning an overall majority in Parliament.

In stark contrast to all the polls that for months have suggested the Tories would increase their majority, the new constituency-by-constituency modelling by YouGov showed they might lose 20 of the 330 seats it holds and Labour could gain nearly 30 seats.

That could leave the Conservatives 16 seats short of the overall majority of 326 needed to govern without the support of other parties, according to the research.

That would be too funny! She hasn't cut the mustard at all and the fact Corbyn is gaining ground, tells you everything! I see she has also backed out of the seven party debate on the BBC.. she really is out of her depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I can't believe anybody sensible would want that zoomer Corbyn to be PM. The guy hates western civilisation and sucks up to all our enemies.

Yikes ^^^^ Is that a headline from a Kelvin MacKuntzie column?

I'm another one that's no real Corbyn fan, but it really is clear that the print media are setting the tone and feckless, ball-less, weeds like those within the BBC just follow suit. When you literally never read a newspaper, then occasionally see a headline shared on social media, it beggars belief some of the absolute steaming sh*t that they print - words fail me sometimes. The problem is people actually read these things every day and base their opinions on what's in there.

It's terrifying.

SKY : Corbyn says he will go to Cambridge tonight to take part in 7 way debate, asks Theresa May what she's doing, challenges her to come too.

Corbyn playing a blinder here, considering she has already pulled out! He may a muppet, but he is a lesser one than Mrs May!

Also, STV reporting that it looks like the SNP will get 50 seats in this election according to polls. I know they can be wrong, but thats quite outstanding considering how long they have been in power. Its just nae happening for Tess and Ruthie just now

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    SKY : Corbyn says he will go to Cambridge tonight to take part in 7 way debate, asks Theresa May what she's doing, challenges her to come too.

Corbyn playing a blinder here, considering she has already pulled out! He may a muppet, but he is a lesser one than Mrs May!

Also, STV reporting that it looks like the SNP will get 50 seats in this election according to polls. I know they can be wrong, but thats quite outstanding considering how long they have been in power. Its just nae happening for Tess and Ruthie just now
    This is a UK General Election. I must have missed nippy in Westminster.

Yes, it is remarkable that in 2 years the SNP will lose almost 1 in every 5 voters. Nippy's record in under achieving continues. They may hang onto seats but with reduced majorities... its all going in one direction for the SNP.

Not happening for Ruthie? Last time I looked the tories were on double their support from 2 years ago at 30%. Taking voters directly from the SNP. How dare they! Now that is remarkable.

Nippy already backtracking on when she wants the referendum. Don't worry, the small blip in historical opinion around Independence will be back to normal in the low 30's shortly, SNP will go back to being the backward village idiots that they are and the world will go back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post

Yes, it is remarkable that in 2 years the SNP will lose almost 1 in every 5 voters. Nippy's record in under achieving continues. They may hang onto seats but with reduced majorities... its all going in one direction for the SNP.

Not happening for Ruthie? Last time I looked the tories were on double their support from 2 years ago at 30%. Taking voters directly from the SNP. How dare they! Now that is remarkable.

Nippy already backtracking on when she wants the referendum. Don't worry, the small blip in historical opinion around Independence will be back to normal in the low 30's shortly, SNP will go back to being the backward village idiots that they are and the world will go back to normal.
    I think you will find that support for independence has grown to 47%, well according to STV today anyway. its on the rise and i cant see that changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post

No doubt you will correct me, my view is that the swing towards Tories in Scotland is former New Labour who have dallied with Snp and are more at home with Tory agenda ie. East Renfrewshire types etc. I don't see the Tories going any higher in Scotland to be honest. It remains to be seen over coming years if Labour starts making inroads into support it has lost to SNP.

The Tories are doing well in Scotland on the back of Labours demise, its hardly groundbreaking stuff. Meanwhile in Englandshire, the Tories got so cocky, they called a snap general election, now look to be crashing into a wall in slow motion and May is becoming so unpopular, that even Corbyn is catching up with her. The 'unthinkable' is actually happening.

She may not even last as long as Alec Douglas-Home

I also wonder what odds you would get on Trumps term lasting longer than May's... I expect the gleckit moo' bint to be out on her erse pretty soon if her party fails in this GE and lets not beat around the bush, if the Cons dont get a majority, it will be a colossal failure.

The tories are a dreadful bunch and here's hoping the election call spectacularly back fires on them. I didn't see Labour narrowing gap in polls coming. I thought the British public were basically going to let them away with anything !

However, their arrogance knows no bounds highlighted by their inept handling of the brexit negotiations so far. (no surprise given the calibre of politicians involved in it); the fiasco of the dementia tax; and them changing their previous pledge not to put up NI. Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Well it's getting squeaky bum time for the Tories

In the meantime Buc is going to Glasgow for the march for Independence on Saturday with the wife and my Scottie dog.

It's going to be massive can't wait.

Come down and join us if not give me a shout from the sidelines. Nothing rude though.

I will hopefully be standing outside a school on polling day .not sure which one as yet.
    With the Tories failing with that Mrs May is failing too it appears.

Could you imagine Thatcher refusing to go and debate with opposing politicians..
    Not a chance she would have grabbed it with both hands .
    That May just doesn't have it.

Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast