+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - How "Rotherham" are you?

Back on topic, to be fair, this town has suffered some big knocks, but you know what makes it for me, mostly, is the Rotherham folk, who by and large are an honest down to earth bunch. To add, much is posted about the town centre etc but there's many reasons for it's demise, alongside many other northern town centres, but i'll tell you what, there's plenty of great villages in Rotherham, and plenty of great countryside to see if you wanna see it, i used to get some stick from dee dars when i worked in Sheffield, and they'd quote Canklow or Eastwood to hit me with as dumps....maybe, maybe not, but when i rolled out the names of the many dumps that Sheffield has, it soon shut em up. What i'm trying to say is, while it has it's faults, it still aint a bad place to live in all honesty.

I'll go 9/10 not got many relatives here.

Yes I'll move when I retire near the coast probably but still close enough to get to NYS
    Last edited by millertop; 28-07-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fensmiller View Post
    Having left 30 odd years ago I have little affinity with the town, but remember it and the people with fondness from the 50's and 60's. Am I still Rotherham tho' ?……………You bet,…... I still piss in the bath.

Laughing at the crude and not funny piss..ing in the bath...I will up your score to 10/10 Magic..That's a first for you.

Having left 30 odd years ago I have little affinity with the town, but remember it and the people with fondness from the 50's and 60's. Am I still Rotherham tho' ?……………You bet,…... I still piss in the bath.
    Is that instead of topping it up with the hot water from the tap?

Can take Rotherham lineage back to Great Grandparents (both sides) at minimum.
    Had the chance, through work, to have seen most of the UK and bits of Europe.
    The grass ain't any greener believe me.
    Would take a lot to drag me away from the town I grew up in and love.
    Town centre is an embarrassment so avoid it as much as possible.
    Unfortunatley kids have moved away to Donny and Brampton but both still staunch Millers.
    9.5/10

I was born in paisley, my dad is Irish (Belfast) mum born in Manchester. Spent childhood in Kilmacolm, Linwood, Duckinfield, Henley, Islington, Reading and Bournemouth. I moved here when I was 18.
    Both my kids were born here and my first grandchild will be in November.
    My wife is Welsh.

My accent is all over the place.

No idea what score I am. I don't 100% belong to anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Laughing at the crude and not funny piss..ing in the bath...I will up your score to 10/10 Magic..That's a first for you.
    Oh dear did I offend? After 12 years of reading this site, I am rather surprised to discover anyone with such delicate sensibilities, I do apologise for my crassness. I can only offer as an excuse the fact that I come from Kimberworth, but that I hasten to add, was not of my making just a victim of circumstances that I had no say in. But in any event it was only intended as a Jay Oh Kay Ee, as my granddaughter in leafy Buckinghamshire would say.

Not offended in any way Fens.

What you do in the bath is entirely up to you..

Oh dear did I offend? After 12 years of reading this site, I am rather surprised to discover anyone with such delicate sensibilities, I do apologise for my crassness. I can only offer as an excuse the fact that I come from Kimberworth, but that I hasten to add, was not of my making just a victim of circumstances that I had no say in. But in any event it was only intended as a Jay Oh Kay Ee, as my granddaughter in leafy Buckinghamshire would say.
    Fens, Ignore Kempo he pretends he's loaded and is upper class AND still 57 some 8 years later ....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast