+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marquee signings..?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Alto Primitive
    Can this be done by personal email on the CM site?
    It probably could, but I've tried that before and Alto said he wouldn't respond to any private messages.

We are 13th highest spender in the PL having spent £15.5m so far

City top on £209m
    United £149m
    Chelsea £126m
    Everton £96m
    Arsenal £44m
    Liverpool £42m
    Huddersfield spent 41.2 in 7th place

Bottom are
    Spurs on zero
    Stoke £0.5m
    Southampton £6m
    Palace £8m
    Swansea £11m
    West Brom
    Brighton both on £12m

https://talksport.com/football/trans...0802248875?p=8
    Last edited by oldcolner; 02-08-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Watching Huddersfield commit financial suicide will not be easy viewing...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Watching Huddersfield commit financial suicide will not be easy viewing...
    Indeed not, following in the model of Leeds, Bradford, Blackpool, Portsmouth, et al, let's be thankful that the Burnley board continue to show more sense and restraint; we all want to continue watching Premiership football at Turf Moor, but not at the risk of jeapordising the club's long term future .

Quote Originally Posted by afloatinclaret View Post
    Indeed not, following in the model of Leeds, Bradford, Blackpool, Portsmouth, et al, let's be thankful that the Burnley board continue to show more sense and restraint; we all want to continue watching Premiership football at Turf Moor, but not at the risk of jeapordising the club's long term future .
    Bang on the money sentiments afloatinclaret and welcome on board.

Good bit of research OC.

Um, Stoke , my dark horses for the drop, are not spending much.

Our spending should double or even triple between now and the end of the window if Dyche is successful in bringing in his targets.

Chris Smalling said to be interesting us and others

http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/cry...ail/story.html

Yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by afloatinclaret View Post
    Burnley dont need to spend BIG....have no need to spend 50 million on a striker etc....and I dont know anyone who thinks we should - we're obviously not out to compete with the "few" top end sides that wallow in the rarefied air....but if we're seriously thinking of making a go of it - then there's plenty of lower end teams that we Do need to match, that won't mean emptying the bank....but does mean - we should bring in players of known Quality to fill the areas "where it matters most" - therefore have to think outside of that...past it's sell by - dads army - cheap end of the get us by with everything crossed....mentality.

As "I" see it....most of the PL teams aren't so far away from todays top end Championship level....so that also means that we need to compete with the newly promoted....otherwise - we're sunk before we start - or will spend the season struggling for air .
    Sure - We...don't know it all, in fact is likely we know very little....so can only run with what make most sense to us Individually, as at the end of the day...buck stops with those who make the decisions - those Truly in the know....and so we can leave it at that...say nothing, go with it...so far that every signing we make is seen as a move of tactical genius.
    Some will have such belief....but sadly, i'm one that doesn't, because unlike other teams that aren't so restricted...Burnley are more so controlled by a not so fat pocket of the dosh....meaning another uneven result is that our great minds are Not going to run as fluidly as others - therefore their calculated figuring needs to work overtime, as will always be playing catch-up - therefore to reinforce the weak points...(as far as the competition goes) to a competent level...if we don't dig deeper.....we dont compete - as will most likely mean - regardless of who we bring to the team, and however good they seem, we'll still remain....scratching at an incompetent level.
    Only time will tell I guess....but should we loosen the strings a little - yes it's a hard one, but for me, if i'm to care at all, I say yes...it'll free us up to play more football

Hi & Cheers.

I don't know how much truth there is in the Smalling rumour but I would be delighted with that if it came off.

Dont know what happened last season, whether Mourihno knocked his confidence but the season before last he was superb. Very much a Dyche type team player - this excites me and at 27 is very much that desired prime time experienced player we need!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)