+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Celta Vigo tonight..

Feck me ! that went t!ts up quick..

HALF TIME: Burnley 1 - 2 Celta Vigo

Seeing as it's half time and I can see you're online Alto, any chance of apologising for calling me a liar, or even justifying it? Or are you going to be a sh!thouse and ignore me in the hope I'll go away (hint: I wont).

Half time changes for Burnley as Ben Mee and Phil Bardsley replace Stephen Ward and Matt Lowton. 1-2

59' GOAL!!! Hendrick slams the ball home from close range following Brady's free-kick. 2-2

FULL TIME: Burnley 2-2 Celta Vigo.

Fair result given the Team at start

29Nick Pope GK
    2Matt Lowton DF
    28Kevin Long DF
    3Charlie Taylor DF
    23Stephen Ward (C) DF
    16Steven Defour MF
    4Jack Cork MF
    13Jeff Hendrick 0' MF
    17Johann Berg Gudmundsson MF
    12Robbie Brady 13' MF
    9Sam Vokes FW

Team at end
    D4 gets a full 90
    Bardsley and Walters get first home game

Burnley: Pope, Lowton (Bardsley ht), Long (Tarkowski 82), Taylor, Ward (Mee ht), Brady (Gray 88), Defour, Cork (Arfield 65), Hendrick (Barnes 65), Gudmundsson, Vokes (Walters 75).

Unused Subs; Heaton, Mitchell, Anderson, Agyei.

Did we get a glimpse of the future tonight with Long and Taylor starting CBs ? If we were strapped for cash then I'd say it might worth the risk of going with them as back-ups, but we're not, so FFS get a decent CB brought in before it costs us. Having said that Long had a good game, but Taylor looked a bit flaky every time he was put under pressure, he looked far more assured at left back in the second half.
    We were excellent for 20 minutes, Defour and Cork the midfield two, with Hendrick roaming up front in support of Vokes, but then either they shook their lethargy off, or worked us out, or both, because we spent the next 70 minutes chasing shadows. Defour got through the game no problem, but he was fairly subdued by his standards, but it's hard to show much I suppose when the opposition have 80% of the ball.
    Two cracking goals, I don't expect to see much better than our first and their second again this season.

I would imagine that’s a decent result against as a decent Spanish opponent. I find it interesting Pope started in net and Defour played the whole 90 (no hammy or bad hair day). What’s more intriguing is the swap for Mee to Ward, or was this a tactical change?

What was the attendance?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)