+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Cardiff v The Mighty Blades

Its been really interesting to see the reaction to our first back to back defeats in ages. Its been a lot more measured here than on S2, but its still being seen as the signal that we need to smash it up and spend, spend, spend. But hang on...

When we were all giving our predictions for the coming season, we were all talking about mid-table/lower mid-table. Therefore we'd have to ask...are Boro and Cardiff away, games that we might reasonably expect to win if we are in 15th place. It seems to me that these are not the games we need to judge ourselves by.

I'm not minimising the need for more pace and more strength, but we are meeting teams coming down from PL or those who have spent very heavily over several seasons to build their squads. Maybe we need to take a reality check based on what we all thought before started. Seems like since the first kick, there's a lot of Unitedites who imagine that we should really have had 9 points.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Its been really interesting to see the reaction to our first back to back defeats in ages. Its been a lot more measured here than on S2, but its still being seen as the signal that we need to smash it up and spend, spend, spend. But hang on...

When we were all giving our predictions for the coming season, we were all talking about mid-table/lower mid-table. Therefore we'd have to ask...are Boro and Cardiff away, games that we might reasonably expect to win if we are in 15th place. It seems to me that these are not the games we need to judge ourselves by.

I'm not minimising the need for more pace and more strength, but we are meeting teams coming down from PL or those who have spent very heavily over several seasons to build their squads. Maybe we need to take a reality check based on what we all thought before started. Seems like since the first kick, there's a lot of Unitedites who imagine that we should really have had 9 points.
    Everybody is vying for attention over there FKB - its a bit more chilled and reasoned over here

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

Couldn't agree more FKB. As fans we all want the best for our club, but some surely need to mange their expectations a bit better. We've lost, not been embarrassed either, to two clubs that will surely be top ten or even better this season. We knew it was going to be a tough start so just need to calm down a bit. Lets see where our bar is set on Saturday against a club that did well last season and has had a mixed start to this but are apparently playing well.

We're a point up on where I expected us to be and a point down on where I hoped we'd be so I'm not too concerned like FKB has said if we were to finish mid table who did everyone expect us to lose to or were we just going to draw every game ? I feel we need the extra players as we are light in a couple of areas especially now stearman may be out but as I said no panic here just yet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123