+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Nolan completes.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The big problem with Derry's start was that the quality in the team pretty much all came from loans, and they were all up in January. The players that did well got better offerings in January, and the old quantity over quality approach was used to fill the spaces, hence the inevitable ending to it all.
    I'm not going to get my hopes up TOO much just yet though, but I do think we're in a better position this year. We've got a manager who's worked hard on putting a fighting spirit into a team many saw as beyond hope, and who's put just the right amount of strengthening into the squad, apart from up front, which is probably the hardest slot to fill when you're after real quality. Most importantly though, the few loans we have are season long, so there shouldn't be any chance of someone snapping them up halfway through the season.
    Overall, I think we're in with a chance, if things keep going as they have. We had a shaky start, but the players got what they needed to turn it around, and quick, and get one of our best runs in a while. It could all go wrong at any time, of course, as it can for any team at any point, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, and hope that my finances allow me to get down the lane to experience it in person for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie_Scribe View Post
    hope that my finances allow me to get down the lane to experience it in person for a change.
    Oh, I hear that. The last game I went to (Plymouth at home last season) cost me nearly £5,000!