+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 335 of 560 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Not a huge fan of the location, never really got behind the Kingsford thing.
    Now it seems we are moving forward, i'll get behind it now and accept it. Actually feeling a bit excited about the move now.
    For those saying that the crowds will be poor, I'm up and down on this opinion, they might be poor if only after the first couple of seasons as the novelty of a new ground wears off for some supporters, it's up to the club to make this a success and keep the fans coming over the coming years. Also, don't understand why we can have a great away support and travel in huge numbers, but move our stadium 6 miles away and all of a sudden no one can travel??

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    Not a huge fan of the location, never really got behind the Kingsford thing.
    Now it seems we are moving forward, i'll get behind it now and accept it. Actually feeling a bit excited about the move now.
    For those saying that the crowds will be poor, I'm up and down on this opinion, they might be poor if only after the first couple of seasons as the novelty of a new ground wears off for some supporters, it's up to the club to make this a success and keep the fans coming over the coming years. Also, don't understand why we can have a great away support and travel in huge numbers, but move our stadium 6 miles away and all of a sudden no one can travel??
    well firstly many of the away support don't actually come from the city. Many City fans can't even get to Pittodrie never mind Kingsford!!! I'd expect more fans from outwith the City to come to Kingsford than do at present and i really hope the club engages with fans from all over the country and puts more emphasis on supporter clubs to help us all to get there as simply as possible.

Currently our bus gets to Pittodrie very early and there is sod all to do. Hopefully the Fan Zone will help/encourage fans to get to the stadium 1-2 hours before kick off and possibly at least have something up to an hour after the game and make a proper day out with families and friends, it will obviously help the congestion.

I can never quite get my head round why football club food kiosks shut just after half time. Are they saying no one would have a fly cup after the game? even if it was just have a heat up before heading home? There so much the club/football could do to improve the match day experience.

That’s easy enough. A significant amount of the away support doesn’t come from Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    I don't have all the answers but I have not seen anyone really come up with a creditable alternative plan that works or cost effective

Discounting the previous locations muted and withdrawn and off the table, does anyone know of a site in the city that would work for us.

Speak up now

Until I hear any different we have to go with this one and once the first sod is cut ..... there is no going back
    The beach is the obvious location of a new stadium just opposite Pittodrie. It ticks all the boxes, being in town, fans being able to walk, parking etc and is owned by the council I think. Yes you would lose the golf facility but there is plenty of room for that further up the links.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I disagree with this.
    Another poster once gave a good debate point in that there are gaps currently at Pittodrie because of its structure.
    Season ticket holders in the South Stand for example predominantly take up the covered seats, meaning that the opportunity to get decent seats are extremely limited, despite there being huge gaps.

Ok to prove your point what are the numbers of season tickets in S, T, V, W, X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    How would we have paid for an upgraded Pittodrie and stand alone training facility?
    I have never once said I'm against moving from Pittodrie. So upkeep isn't something I think about. I am however against a ground in Westhill

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    The beach is the obvious location of a new stadium just opposite Pittodrie. It ticks all the boxes, being in town, fans being able to walk, parking etc and is owned by the council I think. Yes you would lose the golf facility but there is plenty of room for that further up the links.
    The beach is a definite no go. The council pulled the plug on that idea when they withdrew their interest on a community stadium due to lack of funding. The idea was the council would build the stadium and AFC would have a long term lease similar to the golf facility there.
    AFC cant build on that land themselves as it is common good land which is part of the common good fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We’ll be no bigger than St Johnstone within 5 years

But we will have a shiny new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    The beach is a definite no go. The council pulled the plug on that idea when they withdrew their interest on a community stadium due to lack of funding. The idea was the council would build the stadium and AFC would have a long term lease similar to the golf facility there.
    AFC cant build on that land themselves as it is common good land which is part of the common good fund.
    Is the reason not the guy who has the lease on the driving range wouldn't budge and he has the lease well into the 20s

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    It's **** now, people still go...

Thousands make their way to the ground by bus or car already, people still go...
    Exactly Stavrum...we travel over a 100 miles just now to get to Castle Todders....so I for one cant wait

Page 335 of 560 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast