+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    Cannot believe the digs at Chidi on here. He was one of our better performers and put in a lot of good tackles (actually turning the ball over not going out for throw in or to nobody) and used the ball well I thought. Not much hoofball from him unlike his partner in the middle. Fuming that Del came out praising O'Connor, he is terrible. Not only that but he never seems up for it to me, just toddles about the middle of the park not doing very much.

Agree with a post somewhere else on this mess of forum re Motherwell game:

Woodman

Logan Arnason McKenna Shinne

Nwakali McLean

McGinn Christie GMS

May

Prefer Shinnie in CM but I think Chidi can do well there and it means getting Considine to furke!
    I agree, I thought Chidi played well (apart from his shooting).
    O'Connor did a great job nulifying Rogic. You didn't see much else of him, but so too did it limit Rogic who has always been a pain in the arse for us.

That said, I'd take Chidi and Shinnie in the middle on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    So having a differing opinion is a troll.
    for gods sake.
    I'm trying to put across an objective viewpoint.
    Your'e all free to have differing viewpoints if you like, but that's what forums are for, to debate.
    Keep fighting the good fight min ! I must confess I do not share your level of positivity. However, its a helluva lot more refreshing to read than some of the hysterical nonsense being posted from the alternative camp.

Was a bit surprised with the tactics although on another day they might have worked and certainly not our worst performance against them by along way. However, we lost and the dogs of war have primed themselves for the predictable onslaught of bile.

I think we have to be very careful what we wish for. We are in the league position budget wise that we should be. We are still in the Cup. Anyone that comes on and says the Huns are poor and are there for the taking are talking out of their ars. They have made some decent signings, have a far bigger budget and have finally started to play the way they should be by way of budget. On the flip side our manner of defeats to them at Ibrox were pitiful.

The fact that Hearts and hibs have managed to get positive results against the cheeks I think has brought McInnes under the microscope and do not recall the losses to Celtic last season bar the League Cup final resulting in the mouth foaming we are currently witnessing.

I would also throw in that the last defeat at Parkhead was not the worst performance and we were a wee bit unlucky.

I would on balance still take accumulating the level of points we are presently doing, only 3 less than last season over finishing 5th or sixth and being dunted out of the Cup by Queens Park Queen of the South etc with the occasional win over the scum thrown into the mix.

So not a particularly happy bunny right now but prepared to look at the bigger picture.

I would add that doesn't mean I have given up on being able to get some positive results against the cheeks and hope we can restore some pride when the Huns come calling next.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Ok, we should go gung ho against them for the whole game then should we?

For their second, we had practically 7 inside their 6 yard box. Niall took the free kick on the other side of the pitch and then the ball was lobbed over him to Dembele, so I take your point that we were poorly set up and our players did not react to get back and defend.

Questions should be asked as to what our coverage was and who should be covering if there was a breakaway.

Certainly Niall was pushing further forward the last 15 minutes as we were chasing an equaliser.
    Don't think anyone is suggesting we go gung ho, but it's been the same tactic every time we've played them and sevco and results are plain to see. Players are being told to concede possession when opposition have the ball in their own half. That allowed the victims to stroll through a game, not a full 3 days after they had played in Russia. We should have played to a higher tempo yesterday and hassled them on the ball and tried to force mistakes. I'd imaging Brenda was well pleased he was playing us after the Russia trip, knowing fine well they'd stroll to another easy victory. We've been lucky last few years with the so called bigger teams in Scotland sorting themselves out and in Sevco's case spunking cash to compete. That allowed us to sit happily as runners up and be content with being the bridesmaid as victims were so far ahead financially. DM has done a decent job with us, but he's been dealt a decent hand with the Edinburgh teams and Sevco struggling to get their act together. We are going downhill with DM and it'll get worse in the summer when some decent players go. Lower league position, not making finals will mean less cash coming in, so less to attract players.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    I would on balance still take accumulating the level of points we are presently doing, only 3 less than last season over finishing 5th or sixth and being dunted out of the Cup by Queens Park Queen of the South etc with the occasional win over the scum thrown into the mix.
    So, if I read this correct, you are saying that no one other than McInnes will ever get us into a better league position?

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    So, if I read this correct, you are saying that no one other than McInnes will ever get us into a better league position?
    I think there are managers out there who potentially could.

The question is, could we identify and get such a manager?

That's not a defence of Del, it's a serious question.

Del has some 'splaining to do about his tactics against the piggies, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

I wouldn’t trust Milne to get it right.
    His track record is appalling.

As for DM having explaining to do, there’s one major problem.
    He doesn’t think he has.
    His post match ramblings yesterday bordered on delusional.
    In his mind, we did pretty well.
    That, frankly, beggars belief.
    Almost bordering on arrogance.

So I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for that explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    His post match ramblings yesterday bordered on delusional.
    In his mind, we did pretty well.
    That, frankly, beggars belief.
    Almost bordering on arrogance.
    I don't place too much store on what is said in post match interviews.
    It was an odd one Sunday, nae doubt, but I think they're always done with an eye on the players and the next game......whether he gets that right or not is another matter, but I doubt he believed what he said in that interview.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

Folk seem quite happy with his tactics.

I’d imagine his plan now would be to avoid anything catastrophic between now & the next job vacancy.

There’s certainly nothing in the squad to suggest he’s thinking long term.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast