+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DUFC AGM news on new ownership

This funster is special type of deetard, slavering tit

And no we don't have to move if they want us to, we can make sure it doesn't happen if there was a big enough outcry, the reason there isn't one over the road is they know it's a total dump with no atmosphere unless we are the visitors, and that they would be complete donald ducked without the yanks plugging the gap of their losses, especially with the crowds getting ever smaller

To be fair, the stadium is further down the list of priorities.

If we can get new ownership that has the correct motives, finance and expertise it should help speed up our return to the top flight.

Further down the line I wouldn’t be against a new stadium and infrastructure, even if it means ground sharing with the neighbours (designated home areas would work).

Having been to games in England and Germany in the past few years our current match day experience is light years behind.

Club shops, bars, eateries etc would take the match day experience to a new level so I wouldn’t rule it out, despite the history attached to Tannadice.

Let’s see if we get new owners, and then what they are capable of doing for us.

The club needs the boost.

I agree that I can’t see why Americans would be properly interested in a Scottish football club. There is no money to be made.

Ideal for me would be a wealthy supporter - a Lorraine Kelly type!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    To be fair, the stadium is further down the list of priorities.

If we can get new ownership that has the correct motives, finance and expertise it should help speed up our return to the top flight.

Further down the line I wouldn’t be against a new stadium and infrastructure, even if it means ground sharing with the neighbours (designated home areas would work).

Having been to games in England and Germany in the past few years our current match day experience is light years behind.

Club shops, bars, eateries etc would take the match day experience to a new level so I wouldn’t rule it out, despite the history attached to Tannadice.

Let’s see if we get new owners, and then what they are capable of doing for us.

The club needs the boost.
    Agreed, while a new stadium and facilities would be nice the investment has to be in the Management and the players to get back into the SPL.

amazes me fans would happy move to a shared stadium, i think it would be disastrous for Utd and see absolutely no need for it either, I think the financial benefits would be marginal, and outweighed by the negatives of playing at a non atmosphere like McDairmaid style stadium.

Our heritage is tied in Tannadice, we have access to top notch training facilities at St Andrews.

The stadium is tailored to our needs, the only people who would benefit from a shared stadium are Dundee cause they already play at bog standard stadium, so they have less to lose. When both teams were toiling in a soulless stadium it would just get used to tell us we are as well merging.

Interesting a lot of the big teams in Europe such as Milan have been debating leaving a shared stadium as they think it hinders them.

Agreed, Tannadice is our home, we need no new ground.

And phuk sharing with the Funsters. No danger we should have anything to do with them whatsoever.

A new ground and ground sharing is not only unnecessary but so far down the list of priorities it disappears into nothing. Completely unwanted by most Arabs, if not virtually all.

very needless, we have a class stadium for us, it would ruin most things about United moving elsewhere

I'd probably call it a day if we ever pished on our history by moving from a perfectly good and smart ground when we really don't need to, we are very very lucky as it is

We have already proven in very recent times what a well run United can do at Tannadice, 8 good years finishing mainly top 5 and reaching regular finals and semi's

We have more potential as a club than the fun (and all but the obvious 5 bigger clubs) as well with an already bigger potential match going fanbase available to us if we get it right again

You know what... You lot are f*****g deluded. Do you actually understand what a basket case our club is right now?

All this p**h about stadium preferences and our past record!! If we dont get new (well funded) owners soon, we can look forward to Montrose, Forfar and Arbroath derbies for the next 20 years.

Every single Arab should be focused on finding out who these prospective new owners are, and how we can make them feel welcome. FFS, what is the alternative?

Still bylin, even after my last post. Sorry Shedka, I have actually liked your positivity over the years, but potential doesnt:

1. Score goals
    2. Get points
    3. pay the bills
    4. Get us promoted

We need a new regime, and we need it quickly

The main thing is it happens at Tannadice, I'd rather support us in the 4th tier than needlessly move stadium

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)