+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be Careful When Posting On Other Message Boards

Here's a question for you Acido with regards to private messages, as a moderator can you read a forum member's private messages? I know it was possible on another forum that i used to use, but the forum is no more.

Dumb idea. The whole selling point of Footymad was cross-forum posting. This will discourage that.

It's not just other forums we have to worry about now, it's on here and other mods banning posters. He's gone way down in my estimation's.

Thats fair enough '71 if you want to think that, and Ive never had a reason to argue with you on here have I.
    To answer one of your questions though NO, I/we as mods don't get to see your private messages, why did you ask this.

Ask yourself this though '71, would you accept those disgusting comments from somebody if he WASN'T a Wolves fan ?.

Okay.

Here's a couple of examples off the top of my head-these were very easy to find. There are more but I won't give you pleasure of me having to dig them out.

The Royal Wedding thread on England Mad.
    Your post #21.
    No reference to you by me in the previous 20 posts.
    Let's call that blatant goading by yourself.

All Time Football League Positions thread on WBA Mad.
    Your post #181.
    No reference to you by me in the previous 180 posts.
    Let's call that blatant goading by yourself.

I give you those "disgusting" comments in retaliation the other night and you do what you've been itching to do all this time. You've been working on putting the bait down and setting the trap.
    Now let's make this quite clear - I don't particularly care about what you have done, you have been put in your place by a real moderator, one that knows there are boundaries between themselves and other posters - that'll do me fine.

My point is this. I know what I am like but the difference between me and you is that I will say what I think directly, not give sly little digs like in the two examples above. Remember - you have this friendly, happy go lucky persona to try and protect and keep...I have the utmost respect for the vast majority but there are a handful who I have no time for whatsoever.
    Looks like I'm not the only one who can see through you.
    Last edited by 1877wolf; 29-05-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats fair enough '71 if you want to think that, and Ive never had a reason to argue with you on here have I.
    To answer one of your questions though NO, I/we as mods don't get to see your private messages, why did you ask this.

Ask yourself this though '71, would you accept those disgusting comments from somebody if he WASN'T a Wolves fan ?.
    I speak as i find, face to face or on an internet forum. I have used vbulletin forums where Mods can read private messages.

If the comments were that bad, why not let the moderator on here deal with it? it doesn't matter who he follows, in my eyes you shouldn't have used you moderator powers on here, yes on Barnsley Mad, but not on here. There was always the use of the ignore button. If people are happy to dish it out, expect it back, but don't go crying "wolf" after.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)