+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Looking Good At Turf Moor

Wish I was as optimistic as that BT I really do,
    I think we’re a decent side I just think the others are all strengthening there squads and it will be harder this year.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Wish I was as optimistic as that BT I really do,
    I think we’re a decent side I just think the others are all strengthening there squads and it will be harder this year.
    Always just eleven against eleven and we will soon have Crouchy to bring on!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    It seems we are in a lot of trouble with incoming transfers after Sean Dyche was interviewed on Sky.

He says we had 4 signed when every party said Yes, yes yes yes, then said 4 players said No, no no no.

Dyche looked upset with the situation, but how can you have 4 deals done and then they disappear ?

I'm still in the mind that our transfer negotiation team are in above their heads.

Our gaffer with his "Dyche Type Player" still gets my goat, he's supposed to be a Manager, so Manage the player and the dressing room, I've just read Alex Fergusons Auto and he managed his dressing room, outing Roy Keane because of his disruption of the dressing room, amongst others.

We have been ***** footing about for over 3 years now, yes we got Brady, D4, Wood and a few others along the way, but it makes you wonder who we lost, AND WHO THE HELL WE ARE LOSING NOW.

We need to up our game, be it to stop fannying about with pittance offers and maybe pay a little bit more in wages, no not to throw money at them, but up our game while we are still in the money league and still with a Manager who deserves more.

https://twitter.com/Athlete57/status...779101697?s=09
    Alto like everyone on hear I hope all we want is the best for BFC. We all realise we have no influence over the transfer targets or negotiations but that does not stop us expressing one view or another. Alto I find myself agreeing with your sentiments and like you it seems the Club inc SD are way over their heads. SD can only sign within certain restrictions and it looks like the Board are not sanctioning any of the targets we seem to be interested in. I don't think there is a solution as it is the Board who take all the financial risk and so it is them who decide to move forward or stay still. It looks like we are going to stay still which I think will hamper our progress and this will inevitably lead SD to look elsewhere. Even the smaller clubs i.e. those recently promoted are spending infinitely more than BFC. And although I do not wish us to over commit a loosening of some budget would be prudent if we want to keep SD.

Yada Yada.....they should spare us the spin and childish excuses, because as it stands - their primary allegiance couldn't be more obvious... .

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Alto like everyone on hear I hope all we want is the best for BFC. We all realise we have no influence over the transfer targets or negotiations but that does not stop us expressing one view or another. Alto I find myself agreeing with your sentiments and like you it seems the Club inc SD are way over their heads. SD can only sign within certain restrictions and it looks like the Board are not sanctioning any of the targets we seem to be interested in. I don't think there is a solution as it is the Board who take all the financial risk and so it is them who decide to move forward or stay still. It looks like we are going to stay still which I think will hamper our progress and this will inevitably lead SD to look elsewhere. Even the smaller clubs i.e. those recently promoted are spending infinitely more than BFC. And although I do not wish us to over commit a loosening of some budget would be prudent if we want to keep SD.
    Oh dear, oh dear! Fulham have a billionaire chairman and are located in the West End of London, Wolves have an agent who looks definitely "iffy" to me and SD does not give a flying turd! There is not one single shred of evidence that the Burnley Football Club Board of Directors are withholding money to hold up transfers.

I have asked before for the empirical evidence and I am still waiting. Perhaps we just cannot grasp the fact that Burnley is not the most fashionable place to ply your trade?

k

".............I have asked before for the empirical evidence and I am still waiting. Perhaps we just cannot grasp the fact that Burnley is not the most fashionable place to ply your trade?"

So very, very true BT. Wolves also have owners who are loaded as well as the 'iffy' agent.

The plain fact of the matter is that players are not queuing to come to Burnley for whatever reason.
    It could be that they know that they will have to put in a shift just to get into the team, no matter what they think. It could be that they don't particularly like the area, it could be that they are not keen on the fans or it may just simply be the fact that they and their agents can screw more out of other, more gullible clubs ---which I think is the most likely!
    I won't lose any sleep over it these days because football has gone mad and what will be will be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    There is not one single shred of evidence that the Burnley Football Club Board of Directors are withholding money to hold up transfers.

I have asked before for the empirical evidence and I am still waiting. Perhaps we just cannot grasp the fact that Burnley is not the most fashionable place to ply your trade?
    It was fashionable enough for Steven Defour, Robbie Brady, Aaron Lennon, Jack Cork, Charlie Taylor, Chris Wood, Joey Barton, Johann Beg Gudmudsson, Ashley Westwood, Jeff Hendrick, Andre Gray and James Tarkowski. What's changed, have they knocked the Market Hall down, or closed Aldi ?

You want empirical evidence that the board aren't fronting up the money BT ? Here is the list of summer signings.....

Rob Harker.

I wish all of you lot would stop purring like Cheshire cats that we finished 7th last year, that's gone, teams have improved their squad (Spurs really don't need to), they will have learned that we play a game of fitness, endeavour and belief, but little more and will have a game plan against us.

Bardsley, Long, Hendrick, Walters, Wells, Ward and a few others are sadly just not good enough, the youth coming through as someone above has pointed out are new blood and will suffer (all but maybe one or two) from being thrown into the fire, D4 and Wood as someone stated seem injury prone.

We purchased Lennon, I have not seen this player beat a man more than a couple of times on the wing, he's done a couple of crosses that has lead to goals but nothing more, same as Wells, we bought him and he adds nothing to the team, he cannot even get in the team, for me both were a waste of money and time.

Things involving Mee are sketchy, but maybe there is no smoke without fire and he does want away, what have we done to counter act that ? Nothing.

Wages, Transfer Fees, Agents Fee's, Burnley or London or the sun ? Our Wage Cape, nothing is new, we have p!ssed about for over 3 years and its still not functioning properly.

If its not working then FFS do something, look on the continent, look in the lower divisions, and do it while we are in the money, not when that prize has been lost.

If anyone thinks we can maintain what we achieved last season without strengthening I'd say you are dreaming.

No BT, Great Managers don't wait for the perfect player that fits the Managers agenda, he should instil a better performer and work with him, not be handed it on a plate.

Regardless of your statement "Yesterday he had virtually a full second team pulling their tripes out to impress", it was a meaningless game for us and them, it was a training session.

Burnley Football Club are playing with Fire, and not doing it very well, that fire is Sean Dyche, even with his large wage hike he strives on being competitive, he's not been given the tools to do a job and I seriously worry that he's getting frustrated, he can say all the good things that he wants to the press that he knows the situation, but what else can he say, he's currently contracted to the Club so he cannot say anything else can he.

All of that is just your opinion and speculation Alto, which you are entitled to. I still don't have a single quote emanating from the Turf that SD is being denied funds.

Alto I think the point people are making about finishing 7th is that a lot of similar arguments to what you are making now were made last summer, and the team surprised those doom mongers, as they have consistently, and likely will again.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)