+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When will we ever learn?

Angry When will we ever learn?

Why, after all the bluster about having a great recruitment team, we started our recruitment early, the debacle of Stubbs, recruitments etc etc. we now find ourselves short of midfielders and a striker.

Surely we knew about this weeks ago, it is terrible management by those responsible to find RUFC on the back foot again.
    I thought we had a management structure that would be on the ball, efficient, and effective in recruitment but alas we still
    have the same amateurism and ineptitude.

I realise that players and agents mess clubs about, we all know that, so it should be planned for, thats what directors and senior management are there to do, strategise, plan and implement.

Can't blame Warney too much as I like what he is trying to do, but he must be more realistic in his wage structure and reluctance to spend Tony's money.

We cannot compete with other clubs financial clout, but at the very least we should be able to give them a game, with a decent full squad we just might have done so, but not when we are scrabbling about on the last days trying to find players.

Anyhow, once a miller, always a miller,.

Things didn’t go according to plan.

We kept holding on for Towell (could still happen I suppose) and maybe let the 2nd choice slip away

The problem is, we don't know how Towell will do at this level anyway. We should get him back if we can, but we still need another "extra" central midfield to go with Towell

Thought we would have learned not to hang about waiting until the with the Warnock fiasco.