+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: All the talk of allowing investors in....

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Absolutely no viable reason why Bournemouth is a more attractive investment proposition than Rotherham.

Sandbags or sandbanks

Nice place if you can afford it

Leave my club alone please. We are doing fine under Mr Stewart. Bills paid every month, and a real chance to be a yo-yo team between tne second and third division (old money), instead of the third and forth, which I've suffered for most of my 50 years of spectating.
    Wembley trips every few years thrown in too. My feeling is that we will go down again, but so what? We will still be solvent, with another great chance of returning to this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Not so long ago bournemouth were in a position as bad as ours was at the time. Look at them now. An established premier league team.
    Who would have thought that? Someone came along and invested big money into them? Why bournemouth and not rotherham? I think rotherham are a very attractive proposition for investors as things stand. Financially stable, nice ground, playing in the championship. All that thanks to TS.
    TS reminds me a lot of bill kenwright at everton. He has the best interests of our football club at heart and if/when a serious investor comes along it will have to be the right one to move the club forward
    Sorry mate but...😂😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I am right Wrinkly. Tony puts in £3m per season in the championship and it is put through as sponsorship. In the season before Huddersfield were promoted, our sponsorship was almost twice theirs.

The sponsorship dropped from £2.9 million in 2016 to £1 million in 2017.
    The amount owed for loans from ASD went up from £600,00 2015- to £1.3 million 2016 - to £3.8 million 2017

edit I also see that the sponsorship was £970,000 in 2015
    Last edited by wrinkly; 08-08-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    The sponsorship dropped from £2.9 million in 2016 to £1 million in 2017.
    The amount owed for loans from ASD went up from £600,00 2015- to £1.3 million 2016 - to £3.8 million 2017
    so instead of giving the club the money via sponsership he has loaned the club it instead.
    gone from giving his money to wanting it back.

time to be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Just to give you a few figures to update the debate.
    All being equal Tony Stewart will put £3m into the budget for this season. He seems happy to lose this amount on order to stroke his ego, make connections/advertise his businesses and make a contribution to the town but that is probably his limit.
    We as fans have bought around 6500 season tickets. How much is that worth to the club?? A lot less than you think. When you take into account concessions, VAT, the football league levy and the cost of the direct debit system, the club will receive about £1.5m. If an average of 2000 fans pay on the day (they won't, that figure will be less) you are looking at 700k. One thing is for sure, Stewart will put more into the club this season than all the fanbase put together. Does anyone seriously think there is someone out there who is willing to do more? I seriously doubt it.
    You're wasting your time tony260674, they have this debate every season.
    Same replies.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    so instead of giving the club the money via sponsership he has loaned the club it instead.
    gone from giving his money to wanting it back.

time to be worried?
    No it's not time to be worried.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345