+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Checkatrade Trophy

Checkatrade Trophy

Anyone heading up to Grimsby on Tuesday? Kewell's first game in charge and hopefully we'll see some fresh faces in the starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Anyone heading up to Grimsby on Tuesday? Kewell's first game in charge and hopefully we'll see some fresh faces in the starting line up.
    It's an hell no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It's an hell no from me.
    +1

Not a chance.

Decided on Exeter. A bit further but more at stake. Struggling to get enthusiastic about the checkatrade.

Errr,no. You know this has 3-0 written all over it? Till we get fresh legs thru the door, nothing will change that's why I was so pished off on tranny deadline day. Even our so called "defenders" prob won't be fit for this one, either.

I won’t make any kind of financial outlay towards this competition in its current forecast, even if we got to Wembley.

However, there is a game that has to be played regardless and it is Daddy Kewell’s first opportunity to stamp his own mark on this squad and the way they play. Ok, he only has a couple of days with the players so I don’t expect them to be pulling up any trees but it does beg the question which team should he put out?

Does he use it to give game time to the younger and fringe players or should he pick what he feels is his strongest team based on how he wants to play.

Personally I would choose the latter, pick what he feels is his best AVAILABLE starting 11 and bench with a view to them playing again Saturday. Consistency is key!

I agree that he's going to have to put his strongest side out to get some confidence. Problem is if they lose again they'll hit rock bottom.

I'd say they're already at rock bottom and trying to work their way up from it, the checkatrade game is a chance to raise confidence slightly but worst case scenario is it stays the same imo. I think a loss and a decent performance (which is the absolute minimum you would hope for) would be enough to raise it at this point, anything more than that is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    I agree that he's going to have to put his strongest side out to get some confidence. Problem is if they lose again they'll hit rock bottom.
    I think we are already at rock bottom mate.

Not a cats chance in hell, will I fork out more money to watch that chit.

If Brisley is the only defender (looses sense of the term) at the club who is fit... have a calculated guess at what the score will be?