+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting read

I just read that and read the comments after it. The comments were very harsh on Neil.

I went to scholl with him and played football with him. I have known him and his family for almost 40 years.

He is as honest as the day is long, and if he says middle east investors want to buy tge club, but get no encouragement from an unwilling seller, then I believe 100% that to be tge case.

Neil is more optimistic of a takeover than I am, because he sees the interested parties. I, however just see a man who will not sell, as long as he makes money and gets free advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I just read that and read the comments after it. The comments were very harsh on Neil.

I went to scholl with him and played football with him. I have known him and his family for almost 40 years.

He is as honest as the day is long, and if he says middle east investors want to buy tge club, but get no encouragement from an unwilling seller, then I believe 100% that to be tge case.

Neil is more optimistic of a takeover than I am, because he sees the interested parties. I, however just see a man who will not sell, as long as he makes money and gets free advertising.
    Aye Mick free advertising for him and all of the other SD Shareholders and no rent to pay on a SD Shop situated in a prime location with free electricity and heating.

Pretty sure if it was money offered that scuppered the previous sale alone, then I'm sure a deal could have been done -
    Say 250 mill plus 5 years worth of free advertising.

No intention of selling until it becomes unbearable to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Sky would never in a million years put up with televising games from an empty stadium.
    well they cant get us relegated
    and the ground wont be empty
    you only had 400 at the meeting

some saying lets bash shlys family

well that wont get much backing
    and you wont get a mass boycott of a game
    because the majority realise you havent as yet got an alternative

the real fans will syill go

sky have no influence over you going to games or getting asjh out

so stay away

means more tickest for the real fans

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Aye Mick free advertising for him and all of the other SD Shareholders and no rent to pay on a SD Shop situated in a prime location with free electricity and heating.
    there was a chinese consortium interested
    they stopped thier interest months and months ago when they realised the spend needed on the team and the way wages and transfer fees went up

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    100% correct he appears to hate the Geordies possibly because he isn’t one

There’s only two types of people in this Country

Geordies and Them who would like to be.
    if treatening an owners family and people who work in his shops is what being a geordie is
    count me out
    cowardly acts

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    if treatening an owners family and people who work in his shops is what being a geordie is
    count me out
    cowardly acts
    Never happened.Stop lying again.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    there was a chinese consortium interested
    they stopped thier interest months and months ago when they realised the spend needed on the team and the way wages and transfer fees went up
    But "Ash" has the club in good shape,doesn't he?Or is that a lie you and your sidekick have been spinning us all.

How can you be counted in or out as being a geordie?

Yoy are either born a geordie, or you are not!

It is not a choice, it is a blessing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)