+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Hun Filth Semi Roll Call and shiτ

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Were you in that little pocket of fans at the front beside the segregation line? Near the boy with the drum? We were pretty much opposite them so had a good view and kept on saying how much it looked like they were enjoying themselves. Some decent footage of them storming the huns at the goal to
    We must’ve been a couple of rows behind you. The pile on to get to the Huns was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think it's usually best to comment on games once the dust has settled and either alcohol and/or adrenalin have subsided.

My random thoughts are;

- Good defensive performance from the back 4 & midfield
    - going forward in midfield and attack (GMS aside) we were rank rotten
    - I lost count the number of times Lewis would roll the ball to Devlin, who'd drifted to the right back position, and he'd end up launching it 60 yards, only to give up possession.
    - Thought the ref had a decent game to be fair - didn't fall for the scums cheating and diving
    - GMS was our only attacking outlet - had the wife beater on toast when he got the ball
    - We badly need a "10" and a striker with presence. Wright needs a few games but I don't think he's the answer at "10"
    - We defended crosses really well, albeit the scums delivery was woeful
    - Lowe did well when he came on - Composed on the ball - pity he's injured and may miss out on Wednesday
    - Fantastic winding the scum up - the "walking away is the Rangers way" and "you're not Rangers anymore" are two mighty fine songs to roar in their manky, horrible fat faces.
    - Will be interesting to see what happens with the demand for tickets for the final - the part-timers will obviously re-appear
    - I'd love the club to ask for a toss of the coin for which end we get - logic would say the East Stand....the religiously prejudiced football authorities will no doubt assume we'll accept the "proddy" end and the Tims will get the "Catholic end"
    - McInnes is getting a bit much credit in some quarters for his "rope a dope" tactics IMO. His starting X1 was hard to argue with. If I was splitting hairs I'd have had Lowe in for Considine, but that apart it was the X1 I'd have picked...attacking.....so that makes the tactics of sitting off them very strange. Hard to grumble though, as we got through. Play like that in the final, and it'll be a comfortable defeat as the Dhims aren't as clueless as the scum
    - Hopefully this kick starts our season, I just want us to be more of an attacking threat, as we only look slightly dangerous from set plays/penalties.
    - Hamdump is a DREADFUL stadium - so hard to see properly what's going at the far end of the ground
    - the scum fans were very quiet - 35,000 sounded like 350.
    Good assessment - pretty much exactly what I thought about the game. We played the right 11 (possibly with exception of Considine) but didn't seem to utilise the players very well with the style we played. It was the same style we play with Cosgrove in the team. GMS looked on fire again but we never got the ball out to him enough. Wilson looked terrible but to be fair he had virtually zero decent service all match.

I agree Wright didn't look great yesterday but I'd say he's our best option at 10 presently and he should get a run of games up until December to prove himself. I think he has the attributes required for it, but needs the experience to go with it.

I also agree that we will need to do better in possession in the final because if we give the ball back to Celtic as easily as we did yesterday they will eventually punish us. Hopefully we can play the same team against Hamilton and with more possession create and score some goals and really kick on.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    I have to admit that I was very close to sh1tting myself when that firework/banger went off!
    Don`t worry though. Pretty sure Police Scotland will be all over the security cam recordnigs . They`will be relentless in their search to nab the villians . And justice will be done !!! ( And same with those two red flares up their end. We know how serious they take " No Pyro " stuff )

I must have bought an early copy of the Daily Retrd too, because it surely will be all over the front pages too. Outrage, how innicent Sheep Women and Children could have been killed etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We must’ve been a couple of rows behind you. The pile on to get to the Huns was brilliant.
    No we were miles away in I4, up beside the hospitality comfy seat (which we ended up nabbing as they were empty) but we had a good view of that lot down at the front beside the seg line and it looked like they were having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Good assessment - pretty much exactly what I thought about the game. We played the right 11 (possibly with exception of Considine) but didn't seem to utilise the players very well with the style we played. It was the same style we play with Cosgrove in the team. GMS looked on fire again but we never got the ball out to him enough. Wilson looked terrible but to be fair he had virtually zero decent service all match.

I agree Wright didn't look great yesterday but I'd say he's our best option at 10 presently and he should get a run of games up until December to prove himself. I think he has the attributes required for it, but needs the experience to go with it.

I also agree that we will need to do better in possession in the final because if we give the ball back to Celtic as easily as we did yesterday they will eventually punish us. Hopefully we can play the same team against Hamilton and with more possession create and score some goals and really kick on.
    Agree DC.
    Wright does need a run at "10" - maybe try and get similar out of him that we got from Peter Pawlett for 6 months or so?
    The tactics were baffling given the starting X1 was an attacking one.
    Ultimately DM will say they worked, so fair play (if it was the intention to sit in)
    Had we lost 1-0 he'd have been roasted.
    Ultimately though, playing like that against the Dhims will mean they'll cruise the final
    The only chance we have against them is to press and have a go...like we did in the Scottish Cup Final, where we ran out of gas with about 20 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The only chance we have against them is to press and have a go
    If only.

For the majority of the game our lack of composure on the ball was shocking.
    Logan being the exception I thought.

I do not think Mckenna made a pass up-field that did not land at the feet of the opposition - well one went clean out of the park.
    plenty of his teammates followed suit. There were only only the odd occasion when we strung a few passes together.

I agree with Willie Miller who said our defending was not that great.

Having no composure shows how nervy our players were & this is a management problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    For the majority of the game our lack of composure on the ball was shocking.
    Logan being the exception I thought.

I do not think Mckenna made a pass up-field that did not land at the feet of the opposition - well one went clean out of the park.
    plenty of his teammates followed suit. There were only only the odd occasion when we strung a few passes together.

I agree with Willie Miller who said our defending was not that great.

Having no composure shows how nervy our players were & this is a management problem.

Absolutely.

We won so it's all forgotten but our passing was truly dreadful.
    Most of our defending reeked of panic, fortunately the panic seemed to spread to their players too so we ended up with a clean sheet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted we won but phew! it was hard to watch.

Ah ..... so that McCall goal must hae been a different match.... cheers min

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Absolutely.

We won so it's all forgotten but our passing was truly dreadful.
    Most of our defending reeked of panic, fortunately the panic seemed to spread to their players too so we ended up with a clean sheet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted we won but phew! it was hard to watch.
    It is not all forgotten about as is patently evident with some on here.....100% we got out of jail, however, I’ve got a final to look forward to and those c unts do not, we will 1000% need to be a lot better on the 2nd......let’s just hope our club with a budget absolutely nowhere like those c units yesterday and indeed even further behind those other c unts in the final don’t leave anything on the park.....that is all I can ask.

SF

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast