+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monorail Update

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    This has what has been holding this club back. Until we start acting like a Manchester City we won’t be a Manchester City.

Time to invest in bringing the masses to the lane. If Hardy wants 5 figure attendances he can’t expect them to just walk here.

Time to change those oldest league club signs to.

The worlds best monorailed non league club.

We can then simply tippex out the non in four or five years time.
    For me not pressing ahead with the mono rail was the turning point fort he club's downturn of fortune.

Is there any money leftover from the Glen Roeder fund?

Can we ship out some other players and not bother getting new ones in?

Whatever it takes from my perspective - it will be worth it.

You see, this is typical of Notts. All this talk about monorails, and ten years on we haven't even started building it. If we are ever to move forward as a club, we need to get things right off the pitch - and that starts with the monorail.

Sell off the players, make it happen! Surely we could get a six-figure fee for Steve Scoffham?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    You see, this is typical of Notts. All this talk about monorails, and ten years on we haven't even started building it. If we are ever to move forward as a club, we need to get things right off the pitch - and that starts with the monorail.

Sell off the players, make it happen! Surely we could get a six-figure fee for Steve Scoffham?
    Surely we should be learning from the Mansfield chairman and building one like theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Surely we should be learning from the Mansfield chairman and building one like theirs.
    No that's a monobrow.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I know. It's a tale of two monorails, really.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Speaking of the Scoffanator it’s nice to see that he seems to have found happiness post-football

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Scoffham

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard_Bresslaw View Post
    Speaking of the Scoffanator it’s nice to see that he seems to have found happiness post-football

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Scoffham
    That is clearly one of those wiki entries that has been edited by trolls but not been spotted.

Most of it is credible, but who would be taken in by the bit saying "He made a good start to his first season"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    This is typical of Notts and why we are in the mire.
    Thinking small...!
    The mono rail should go direct to the doorstep of every football league club in the UK...
    Every none league club just in case the worst happens.
    EVERY CLUB IN EUROPE...Ready for our Eurpean campaigns...(it's only a matter of time)....!
    Come on Big Al...sort it out....!
    You've made me laugh with those words Pedro. 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    You've made me laugh with those words Pedro. 😂😂😂😂
    I think Pedro has got a bit carried away. We need a working monorail across Nottingham to start with. Line 1, Meadow Lane to The Forest (the real one, not the interlopers over the river), with stops at the station, Broadmarsh, Old Market Square, NTU.

Line 2 can go to Arnold via Sneinton, and Carlton

Line 3 Lenton, University, Beeston

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I think Pedro has got a bit carried away. We need a working monorail across Nottingham to start with. Line 1, Meadow Lane to The Forest (the real one, not the interlopers over the river), with stops at the station, Broadmarsh, Old Market Square, NTU.

Line 2 can go to Arnold via Sneinton, and Carlton

Line 3 Lenton, University, Beeston
    Can't see the problem?
    Plenty big enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast