+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS membership

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The A shares have a total nominal value in DFCSS accounts of £1.
    I am surprised that you have not read that in the Download and Minutes section of the DFCSS website.
    I have just checked the accounts on the DFCSS website. The Ordinary and A shares held by the society have a combined nominal value of £1 stated in the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    I would have to say I understand entirely why Taintedice is so sceptical of DFCSS, it is down to past behaviour, the jokes about blazers and hi-vi z are not without foundation.
    I have yet to see anything that makes me trust the society. Deranged seems passionate and trustworthy, but then you get the others, I am thinking of a specific poster whom I shall refrain from naming, who deliberately or otherwise can't seem to help talking down to people. That sort of behaviour just confirms in my mind why I gave up on DFCSS.
    In the time FPS have been involved I have e-mailed Tim Keyes and John Nelmes three or four times. Every time I have had a courteous reply, ie they have engaged with me. I just do not see from my dealings with them any resistance to engage. So why can DFCSS not engage? Probably for the same reason they lost 97% of their membership, over 3,800 lost members!!!
    Am I glad there is a veto - yes. Am I confident in DFCSS - no.
    Regarding the last paragraph referring to the 3800 lost members.
    We all paid our £1 & were members of D4 Life, ( or so we thought )
    When the SD rules were changed, I was contacted to be advised a £5 fee was required to remain a member.
    I am assuming all members were informed ?
    In my opinion a lot of people thought that D4Life had achieved their goal, and that was to save the club, and now that FPS were in place, there was little need to continue.
    I paid my £5 as I sill wanted to be part of D4Life . DFCSS or D4Life, for me the name is irrevelant.
    As for the history that most people are bickering about, I can't comment on as I honestly don't know.
    Now my beloved Derry is a shadow of what it was, the fans are arguing with each other and we are bottom of the league !
    Keep the faith ???

Do Dundee Mad have any powers to prevent a merger.
    islay,on paper no,however a very tastey squad of fine "Derry boys"who've never ran or taken a backward step in their live's could be mustered at a drop of a hat

You should be honoured.
    When myself and other posters sent an email to John Nelms regarding the Billy Dodds situation we received a standard reply from his secretary.
    i have had a reply from tim keyes,however john nelms has never replied to any email(and theres been a few lol)

You should be honoured.
    When myself and other posters sent an email to John Nelms regarding the Billy Dodds situation we received a standard reply from his secretary.
    I think you will find that, he was inundated with e-mails on that matter, none the less he ensured each received reply, albeit a standard one.
    I contacted him about another matter some time ago, he replied personally explaining his view, which was logical and so I could understand his position was not unreasonable. (It was about improving ticket sales on line)

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Regarding the last paragraph referring to the 3800 lost members.
    We all paid our £1 & were members of D4 Life, ( or so we thought )
    When the SD rules were changed, I was contacted to be advised a £5 fee was required to remain a member.
    I am assuming all members were informed ?
    In my opinion a lot of people thought that D4Life had achieved their goal, and that was to save the club, and now that FPS were in place, there was little need to continue.
    I paid my £5 as I sill wanted to be part of D4Life . DFCSS or D4Life, for me the name is irrevelant.
    As for the history that most people are bickering about, I can't comment on as I honestly don't know.
    Now my beloved Derry is a shadow of what it was, the fans are arguing with each other and we are bottom of the league !
    Keep the faith ???

Your last sentence is 100% correct and very sad.We used to have a great support but now we have far to many so called experts and far to many ready and waiting to have a dig at the club for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Your last sentence is 100% correct and very sad.We used to have a great support but now we have far to many so called experts and far to many ready and waiting to have a dig at the club for anything.
    I agree with you Eric.

In the past I heard a lot of stuff that Dees could tolerate anything, any level of football, as long as we were called Dundee FC and playing in dark blue.

We've been in the top league in Scotland for a wee while now, and the knives are out. Everything and everybody is ****. Most of us have seen quite a few seasons where we fought off relegation, or were relegated, and seen thousands of Dees turn out to help try to avoid it. Nowadays the apathy is huge, though i think the Club is not helping that with it's own communications or the fact the Derry seems targeted.

In all probability we will see less than 3,000 at Dens on Saturday, all ticket and everyone there can have nearly 4 seats to themselves. There's something really going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I agree with you Eric.

In the past I heard a lot of stuff that Dees could tolerate anything, any level of football, as long as we were called Dundee FC and playing in dark blue.

We've been in the top league in Scotland for a wee while now, and the knives are out. Everything and everybody is ****. Most of us have seen quite a few seasons where we fought off relegation, or were relegated, and seen thousands of Dees turn out to help try to avoid it. Nowadays the apathy is huge, though i think the Club is not helping that with it's own communications or the fact the Derry seems targeted.

In all probability we will see less than 3,000 at Dens on Saturday, all ticket and everyone there can have nearly 4 seats to themselves. There's something really going wrong.
    Doubt we will get 3000, 2000 pensioners, 500 kiddy on pensioners, a few laddies, LGBT dees probably won't show for this one although flag will possibly put in an appearance, it will be cauld enuf for penguins so am hopeful we can pick up pick up pick up a win.

P.s we havenae had a great support for a long time, we used to have a resillient support but great.....can't mind of that, last time we had a great support in numbers and enthusiasm was when the Italians were in town, last time we had any vocal enthusiasm was defiant and then there was the Doon derby one night only.

Much smaller club's have surpassed us in the way they support the team, Mwell, st j , falkirk, pars etc.....Dens has lost its soul and the tip it is does not help.

But what wud I know.

Oh forgot....the crystal palace jolly

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)