+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well done to our new chairman

Well done to our new chairman

Has been prepared to back the manager with new signings. Decent ones at that.
    Now time for fans who said they will stay away until Thompson, Laszlo, etc go to turn up.
    Need a real United effort to get out this league.
    That starts now and against Morton tomorrow.

Agree 100%

Not only getting players in but getting rid of the ones we don’t need - which takes effort and money.

Well done to Mr Ogren 👍🏻

Sad to see Aird go as I felt his assists were a benefit. That said the quality coming in should be bringing us goals.

The shed go marching on and hopefully UP this season

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Agree 100%

Not only getting players in but getting rid of the ones we don’t need - which takes effort and money.

Well done to Mr Ogren ����

Sad to see Aird go as I felt his assists were a benefit. That said the quality coming in should be bringing us goals.

The shed go marching on and hopefully UP this season
    Lets just ca canny on the lavish praise...

I recall threads on here not so long ago praising Thompson to the hills. Some even calling him our greatest ever chairman.

Granted, this boy does (so far) seem to be the real deal but I'd rather wait and see what unfolds over the coming months and years before lavishing him with praise on a thread that could seriously come back and bite us in the arse.

FTD

I think it's just credit where it's due that's going on. If need be he'll also get criticism in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post

I recall threads on here not so long ago praising Thompson to the hills. Some even calling him our greatest ever chairman.

Granted, this boy does (so far) seem to be the real deal but I'd rather wait and see what unfolds over the coming months and years before lavishing him with praise on a thread that could seriously come back and bite us in the arse.

FTD
    I just cant get my head around how negative this post is. How is it possible to criticise the exceptional backing he has given to our Manager to sign the players that he feels he needs to challenge for promotion.
    It seems that some people find it hard to move beyond the old negativity and want to suck the enthusiasm away from any of the rest of us who want to at least hope we are at the start of a journey back to better times.
    None of the praise for the new chairman has been OTT. It is just giving credit where it is due.
    Maybe its now time for all the boo-boys to leave their negative vibes behind and we can all UNITE behind the club and the team and roar them on with one voice to success!!

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    I just cant get my head around how negative this post is. How is it possible to criticise the exceptional backing he has given to our Manager to sign the players that he feels he needs to challenge for promotion.
    It seems that some people find it hard to move beyond the old negativity and want to suck the enthusiasm away from any of the rest of us who want to at least hope we are at the start of a journey back to better times.
    None of the praise for the new chairman has been OTT. It is just giving credit where it is due.
    Maybe its now time for all the boo-boys to leave their negative vibes behind and we can all UNITE behind the club and the team and roar them on with one voice to success!!
    Are you phuckin serious?

Where is there any negativity in that post??

FTD
    No issue with lavishing praise on the chairman for his backing of the manager during the transfer window. That's all this is is. He'll be judged on his other actions as & when they happen.

FTD
    Well if it does go tits up it certainly won’t be down to the Chairman, not at this stage anyway. He is due praise indeed for sticking to his word and providing funds for players who should have the quality to get us out of this league. Although, I’m sure there will still be greetin puss kunts looking for any excuse to have a pop at the club

FTD4life

'The future depends on what you do in the present' (Mahatma Gandhi). What's been done in the January window has given hope of a more positive future. Credit to the owner for at least achieving this.

Quote Originally Posted by danny_dyer View Post
    are you phuckin serious?

Where is there any negativity in that post??
    Are you stoopid?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)