+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stags Forum See What They're Saying

Cheers for that, was a good laugh to read. Can't help enjoying how gutted they are. The fact that we've pissed all over the Mansfield victory parade, when they have clearly been expecting to batter us leading up to this game, makes today all the better.

Why would Mansfield fans be purring over our performance? They nearly all say they were awful today and many say we outplayed them. What more are they going to say?
    We don’t talk about how good an opposition is when we lose!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Why would Mansfield fans be purring over our performance? They nearly all say they were awful today and many say we outplayed them. What more are they going to say?
    We don’t talk about how good an opposition is when we lose!
    Exactly, you worry about your own team, not the opposition. Seeing Lincoln, FGR and Stags back to back makes you realise what a poor division L2 is this year, though. I’ll be glad to survive it and stay a League side, but this season has been a horribly wasted opportunity due to the poor recruitment before this January transfer window.

Let's not get carried away guys,
    We were poor today, granted,
    we've performed brilliantly for a lot of games this season (hence our position and fabulous defensive record) don't think for 1 minute that's how we've played or been represented this season on that performance! ,. It obviously hasn't been, we were very poor today and it was our worst performance of this season and last season in my opinion!.
    I was sceptical about today with us missing Sweeney, we've been solid as a back 3 with Pearce Preston Sweeney,
    Flitcroft got it so wrong today with too many changes (some forced) but overall he got it wrong,
    I won't blame him because he's done brilliantly with excellent performances for the most part.
    We will finish in the top 3 I've no doubt at all after not missing a game this season .. I've seen a good fighting Notts side today so I think you'll be ok,
    But as we've seen today, there's still plenty of twists and turns to come yet, that is a fact. Enjoy the win today and all the best for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorstag View Post
    we've performed brilliantly for a lot of games this season (hence our position and fabulous defensive record) don't think for 1 minute that's how we've played or been represented this season on that performance! ,. It obviously hasn't been, we were very poor today and it was our worst performance of this season and last season in my opinion!.
    I was sceptical about today with us missing Sweeney, we've been solid as a back 3 with Pearce Preston Sweeney,
    Flitcroft got it so wrong today with too many changes (some forced) but overall he got it wrong,
    I won't blame him because he's done brilliantly with excellent performances for the most part.
    We will finish in the top 3 I've no doubt at all after not missing a game this season .. I've seen a good fighting Notts side today so I think you'll be ok,
    But as we've seen today, there's still plenty of twists and turns to come yet, that is a fact. Enjoy the win today and all the best for the rest of the season.
    This wasn't a 'plucky bottom of the league beats top few' story. Our side is now one of the best in the league, of that there is little to no doubt. Was nothing to do with how good or bad Mansfield played, but ALL about our side. We are staying up, and will undoubtedly challenge top of the league next year. See you back down here, cos on that showing Stags are staying exactly where they are

Thankyou for the honest comments. Breath of fresh air.
    My dream for this season would be Notts to pull off Great escape mk 586, (obviously).
    Now, as a lincoln based magpie, I'm not too fussed about Mansfield, albeit a slightly bigger game than normal, so I'd be quite happy for you guys to be promoted. Lincoln to get spanked in the playoffs to Grimsby. Now that my friends would be the dogs tickle tackle

Just had a look on there and it's a very enjoyable read, especially the before and after bit on the 'Clownty Scorefred' topic. To be fair though, it's the usual mix you get on most footy messageboards. For every "the ref gave it to them" post, there are two accepting that we deserved it and they bottled it.

Do not delude yourself, you were as poor has we made you look, totally dominated from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Do not delude yourself, you were as poor has we made you look, totally dominated from start to finish.
    Exactly. We didn't allow them to play, simple as that. But if this Mansfield side had come up against the Notts side of a month ago, they would have absolutely battered us, like they did back in early December. The difference between the two games was us, not them.

One thing was clear, though. Players like Grant and Walker are clearly talented, and excellent additions for pretty much any team in the league, but they aren't the type of players you turn to when things get rough and ready. Apart from Bishop (who played well) and Pearce (classy defender - wish he was still at Notts!), none of their players looked up for the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly. We didn't allow them to play, simple as that. But if this Mansfield side had come up against the Notts side of a month ago, they would have absolutely battered us, like they did back in early December. The difference between the two games was us, not them.

One thing was clear, though. Players like Grant and Walker are clearly talented, and excellent additions for pretty much any team in the league, but they aren't the type of players you turn to when things get rough and ready. Apart from Bishop (who played well) and Pearce (classy defender - wish he was still at Notts!), none of their players looked up for the occasion.
    Totally Agree there slack-pie.
    We didn’t let Mansfaild play today.
    We dominated all over the park..
    We can’t often say that ,but made a good side look average at best

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast