+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Nae Dens Park thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Go for it, why not?......I canna sing, I don’t wear colours, however I’ll happy clap my team whilst the half empty minibus regales our coach.

SF
    I have sympathy for you lad as I can’t sing either
    The half empty minibus regales all coaches that don’t perform properly. How is the half empty golf cart....fully stocked with contraband?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I have sympathy for you lad as I can’t sing either
    The half empty minibus regales all coaches that don’t perform properly. How is the half empty golf cart....fully stocked with contraband?
    Sadly it is indeed not, blowing a hoolie out here atm and I’m just chilling reading the papers after a lovely Sunday Roast......I do have a nice Rioja in hand as the Malbec is long gone.

This time next week I’ll be in a different Riviera, hopefully on it like a car bonnet planning for the final.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Yes, you would think that but according to Milne evidently not. Mind you...we have two transfer windows a season now so maybe we spend more throughout the year than previous managers.
    In regards to Aitken and Miller I wasn’t just meaning transfer fees rj.

Kiriakov,Tzvetanov and Kombouare were all on high wages which apparently annoyed the more senior players at the time.

Alex Miller also signed Hignett who I believe is still the highest paid player we have had.

Not sure how much the likes of Stavrum and Solberg were on but I doubt they would have been on that low a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I fully concur. That was f@cking mind blowingly awful and Calderwood should have walked after it. But sh@tehoose Milne let him stay on which was worse than Jimmy not doing the decent thing
    I think the problem was Milne gave him a new contract a few months before the semi final,another fvck up by Milne and certainly not the last.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    We were out on our feet second half of that game, in fact we were out on our feet from about March onwards in Del's first season.

That was the norm in his first three seasons.

We should've had that game sewn up first half, but second half we were gone.

It's a sore one, but that QoS semi was way, way worse.

Something died inside me that day that I've never gotten back.

Something died inside me before that game, to the point where I made plans non football related.

I got it back again after the league cup final and things were looking good. Huns were ****ed and Celtic looked poor. Hibs and hearts had imploded as well.

After the SJ semi I felt just the way I had previously.

That was as a big chance, totally wasted and I've been suspicious to outright overly critical of him since.

He ran that team into the ground. We couldn't even beat Hearts to relegate them and come the final game of the season, where there might have been a bad refereeing decision but we deserved to finish behind Motherwell.

There's been some good times under McInnes but overall it's missed chances for me.

I've no clue as to why Milne thinks a new stadium will improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    In regards to Aitken and Miller I wasn’t just meaning transfer fees rj.

Kiriakov,Tzvetanov and Kombouare were all on high wages which apparently annoyed the more senior players at the time.

Alex Miller also signed Hignett who I believe is still the highest paid player we have had.

Not sure how much the likes of Stavrum and Solberg were on but I doubt they would have been on that low a wage.
    All of the players you mentioned will be on a higher wage than any player currently at the club.

I’m sure Hignett was about £8k per week.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    All of the players you mentioned will be on a higher wage than any player currently at the club.

I’m sure Hignett was about £8k per week.
    That was the point I was making, the club still has a wage structure in place even though we are not in debt anymore which blows the theory out of the water that McInnes doesn’t have the debt holding him back.

If anything I would say the squad is getting weaker every season,we let 10 players go last season and brought in 8,I would imagine that we will let more go this summer and bring in less as well.

That was the point I was making, the club still has a wage structure in place even though we are not in debt anymore which blows the theory out of the water that McInnes doesn’t have the debt holding him back.

If anything I would say the squad is getting weaker every season,we let 10 players go last season and brought in 8,I would imagine that we will let more go this summer and bring in less as well.
    You’re probably right.
    I reckon there’s s decent chance that’ll happen.

McKenna
    Lowe
    Gleeson
    Shinnie
    Stewart
    GMS
    Halford
    Wilson

That’s 8 that will likely be gone from the 18 that are stripped each week.

How many will be replaced?
    5?
    The likes of Sam Roscoe, Dean Campbell, Ethan Ross may feature more?

Given our recruitment under McInnes & Richardson over the last two summers, and given we’ve a confirmed interest in the likes of Main, Pittman & Shaughnessy it might not be a bad thing to go with the younger ones?

Our scouting (lack of) is a huge bug bear of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You’re probably right.
    I reckon there’s s decent chance that’ll happen.

McKenna
    Lowe
    Gleeson
    Shinnie
    Stewart
    GMS
    Halford
    Wilson

That’s 8 that will likely be gone from the 18 that are stripped each week.

How many will be replaced?
    5?
    The likes of Sam Roscoe, Dean Campbell, Ethan Ross may feature more?

Given our recruitment under McInnes & Richardson over the last two summers, and given we’ve a confirmed interest in the likes of Main, Pittman & Shaughnessy it might not be a bad thing to go with the younger ones?

Our scouting (lack of) is a huge bug bear of mine.
    So you do you not think it’s a bit odd that,

We let 10 players go last summer and only signed 8.

Got 600k from the Aberdna scheme.

Sold Rooney for roughly around 350k.

But the club are trying to tell us there is no money left to strengthen when clearly we have weakened the squad even though we got the dna money and cash for Rooney?

So you do you not think it’s a bit odd that,

We let 10 players go last summer and only signed 8.

Got 600k from the Aberdna scheme.

Sold Rooney for roughly around 350k.

But the club are trying to tell us there is no money left to strengthen when clearly we have weakened the squad even though we got the dna money and cash for Rooney?
    Aye it doesn’t stack up.
    Apparently the wage bill has increased though I think?
    That’s why I think the likes of Gleeson & Wilson will be replaced on the bench by younger, cheaper options.

Potentially £11m in the kitty if Fraser gets his move & we sell McKenna though.
    All aboard the Aurora Express.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast