+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers, attendance vs Grimsby Town 27.04.19

About 8000
    1500 - 2000 away fans including their usual sizeable knuckle dragger element.
    1 - 1 and Notts relegated.

A low scoring draw is favourite. I'd guess 1 - 1.

Heart says we'll win it 2 - 0 but that just seems a pipe dream. In any other season I'd say that Notts were capable of suddenly producing a sparkling performance and grabbing a surprise result, but not this one, not at home anyway. Can these players defy the odds.........?

Notts 0-1 Grimsby
    7950 fans
    An anticlimax to a shocking season... maybe 1 shot on target the whole game, we are 1 down and desperate with 10 minutes to go and NA brings Bird on to shore up the defense. I hate saying this but I can't wait until this horrible season is over regardless of what happens.

Stranger things have happened. After Neil Warnock was sacked we were bottom of the 2nd Division, and due to play 2nd placed Tranmere in Mick Walker’s first home game. We’d won 1 of our previous 15 games, and 2 of 12 home games, but hammered Tranmere 5-1, with 11 shots on target.

A repeat on Saturday against Grimsby would set us up nicely for our final game at Swindon.

Not very likely though with this bunch. Isn’t 11 shots on target this season’s total?

We’ve as much chance of winning as seeing Russell King jailed for 6 years. Oh ……. wait a minute, though.

Against my better judgement I’ll say Notts will prolong the agony with a 2-1 win in front of a crowd of 8,479.

Could this be the last time I see Notts play a home game in the EFL?

Notts 3-1 Grimsby

This has 0-0 written all over it with Macc scoring a last minute equaliser to drag the agony out for another week.

Its,notts county 4 - Grimsby 1
    Stead,Doyle,Hemmings,Enzio
    9,885(1700away fans)
    And with Macclesfield drawing, it’s all down to the last game at Swindon...
    It’s a fanny old game

Notts 5 - 0 Grimsby

Enzio hat trick, Doyle and Tootle

8,323 att

Notts finally gel and go nap to dent the goal difference column ready for the Swindon showdown.

1-0 Notts

Nothing will change, Macc will lose but Notts will yet again fail to capitalize and lose themselves, leaving Macc to pick up the draw they need next weekend whilst Notts put on their best display of the season to thrash Swindon in vain leaving Ardley to gush at how proud he is of the players that they took it to the final day and gave it their all and that he can look himself in the mirror.... etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast