+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't be arsed with next season thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Or evidently we’re that shyte against them, we make them look like Brazil ‘82

You’re making excuses for again. You seriously think Celtic raise their game against us but not at Ibrox or Cup Finals?
    Mason, stop trying to twist things for the sake of an argument.
    Where have I said they were complacent in cup finals? They won the game yesterday. They upped their game after going behind.
    There are plenty of occasions like when they got beat by Killie and then thrash SevCo days later.
    In my opinion, in recent years, they have certainly raised their game when compared to other teams as we were their closest challengers and keeping us at length meant they could go on, doing just enough elsewhere.
    Maybe incidents like the Tonev / Logan racism issue created an increased incentive against us.

You don’t agree, that’s fine, let’s agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Or evidently we’re that shyte against them, we make them look like Brazil ‘82

You’re making excuses for again. You seriously think Celtic raise their game against us but not at Ibrox or Cup Finals?
    I actually agree celtic raise their game when they play us. Certainly in recent seasons.

They were poor yesterday, but as soon as they went behind they stepped up a gear.

It appears to me that they start with a much higher tempo against us, as they see us as more of a threat than hearts/most of the league

If anyone thinks that Celtic have raised their game against us this season then they need a reality check.
    We are **** scared to play them (or perhaps don't know how to play them).
    That Celtic team yesterday were representative of how poor Scottish football is in general.
    They didn't raise their game it was one moment of poor play by a very ordinary Hearts team that allowed one of Celtic's better players to exploit the weakness. After that it was back to the same as the rest of the match.
    "Ah but they didn't need to after they scored..."

I’m not sure it was a case of Celtic stepping up a gear, or the fact Hearts defended like schoolboys against a £9m striker. You could argue that all day.
    Celtic beat us because we keep on lining up the same way, with the same payers, doing the same thing, which gets the same results. If Celtic could pick one team out the league to play every week, it’d be us

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Didn't say we were underachieving, said we were punching above our weight ( v The Rangers, Burnley given their resources) and have been unlucky that Celtic didn't play like they did today at any point against us
    The thing is though, if we are overachieving who are we overachieving against?
    Who would normally be better than us and sitting higher in the league given the resources?

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    The thing is though, if we are overachieving who are we overachieving against?
    Who would normally be better than us and sitting higher in the league given the resources?
    Prior to our current coach, take your pick.......

‘The last Labour government...’

Can't be arsed but it's almost impossible not to be interested.

Like I said, overachieving against The Rangers and Burnley with their resources compared to ours....is that not easy to read🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Prior to our current coach, take your pick.......
    Yes. We were significantly under achieving given our resources in comparison to the other teams in the league.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast