+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 273 of 421 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

I'm 99.9% Mcgouch wont sign

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I'm 99.9% Mcgouch wont sign
    A deal was agreed between the clubs, but the player doesn’t want to come back to Scotland having been labled a failure down south so wants to fight for his place.
    Catermole leaving May open up that opportunity for him.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    A deal was agreed between the clubs, but the player doesn’t want to come back to Scotland having been labled a failure down south so wants to fight for his place.
    Catermole leaving May open up that opportunity for him.
    Not a huge loss, I'd rather we got an attacking skillful midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I agree with you Donsdaft. “Save the hairy one”
    I wouldn't be upset if he stayed as I still think he's a good player, at least with four strikers injuries won't leave us short. If we don't need to shift him to free up the wages for a decent midfielder might as well have him in the squad. He got a decent number of assists and worked his balls off, if he can get a break in front of goal it'd do his confidence the world over good. He didn't get the service and wasn't played in a position where he had much chance of getting too many goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    To state the obvious.

Massive rebuild on the cards

Potentially GMS gone(if not already), Shinnie gone, Wilson gone, Stewart gone, Lowe gone, Hoban gone, Ball gone, and unfortunately I would say McKenna.

Borrows plug holes but when your actual players contracts run out and add to the number of departures it throws up a f@cking huge issue

The summer will huge for McInnes and arguably his biggest transfer window ever but at least he was planning for it last july. At least he has a head start

But I suppose they could just run another DNA campaign
    Clicked on the first page accidentally, but to pick up in Pacman’s post, what are everyone’s thoughts on the window so far?
    I’m pretty pleased. Think we could do with one more CM then we’ll be good to go.

I’d let May leave, we have enough options up front. I’d also put Anderson out on loan, 6 months at a time, but with Cosgrove, Wilson, Main and McGinn, there’s enough choices up top.

I’d keep Wright this season. His pace and trickery could be useful, but he has to be aware that this is his last chance.
    If he does not do enough before Christmas to warrant an extension, then so be it.
    He showed well enough against Peterhead, but he needs to be able to do it against better opposition.

Frank Ross probably needs to go on loan for 6 months as well. He’ll need gametime, but someone I had high hopes for before his injury.

Same with Ethan Ross, put him out for 6 months and then reassess. With McGinn, McLennan, Hedges, Wilson and Gallagher, we have options wide.

All other areas we appear to have cover for.

1 more CM, hopefully creative, don’t care if it’s a year loan or permanent, but someone of quality would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Clicked on the first page accidentally, but to pick up in Pacman’s post, what are everyone’s thoughts on the window so far?
    I’m pretty pleased. Think we could do with one more CM then we’ll be good to go.

I’d let May leave, we have enough options up front. I’d also put Anderson out on loan, 6 months at a time, but with Cosgrove, Wilson, Main and McGinn, there’s enough choices up top.

I’d keep Wright this season. His pace and trickery could be useful, but he has to be aware that this is his last chance.
    If he does not do enough before Christmas to warrant an extension, then so be it.
    He showed well enough against Peterhead, but he needs to be able to do it against better opposition.

Frank Ross probably needs to go on loan for 6 months as well. He’ll need gametime, but someone I had high hopes for before his injury.

Same with Ethan Ross, put him out for 6 months and then reassess. With McGinn, McLennan, Hedges, Wilson and Gallagher, we have options wide.

All other areas we appear to have cover for.

1 more CM, hopefully creative, don’t care if it’s a year loan or permanent, but someone of quality would be great.
    e

Think it's been reasonable. I would have liked liked mcGeoch especially as Deek has said a few times he would like to play Ferguson further forward. I've given up on May unfortunately . Wilson hopefully will bring the goals that I thought May would bring I can't see big Sam having the same kind of season and goals will need to come from more than him.Wright will need to improve big time . Too easily bullied out of a game. I'm more optimistic for McLennan than him im afraid.

Being greedy, a “10” and a good quality centre mid.

More realistically a centre mid & that’ll probably be us.

I suppose the time to judge the likes of Leigh, Hedges & Gallagher is when the real stuff starts.

Some players need moved on.
    May & Gleeson?
    Some need loaned out for games &/or experience.
    Ethan Ross, Frank Ross, Scott Wright.

Fingers crossed for a good bit of luck with injuries.

Instead of punting the hairy one out the door full stop how about we loan him out until January where we can assess his performance levels and goals return for another team? We parted with a fair bit cash (for our kind of transfers) so we shouldn’t really be looking to cut ties with the lad unless we got a fair bit of it back. You never know...we might get Stevie May back in January on a hot streak of form.

Nah

It just doesn't work.

Either play him where he wants to play and actually give him the ball or get rid and let him have a chance elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Instead of punting the hairy one out the door full stop how about we loan him out until January where we can assess his performance levels and goals return for another team? We parted with a fair bit cash (for our kind of transfers) so we shouldn’t really be looking to cut ties with the lad unless we got a fair bit of it back. You never know...we might get Stevie May back in January on a hot streak of form.
    Did you type that from your delorean, as I imagine that’s the only hope for Stevie May to rediscover his goal touch.

Page 273 of 421 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast