+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Rovaniemi

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Where do we think Rovaniemi would rank in Scottish terms?
    They seem to be struggling this year but in the last 2 years have finished 2nd & 3rd.

Would they be a Hamilton?
    Or a top of the Championship?
    Dundee Utd or Inverness?

Suppose we’ll soon find out.

My only concern is our rustiness & them being halfway in to their season.
    I'd put them lower level SPL / upper level Championship.

Our only small concern is the fact we've not started our season yet while they're well into theirs. Still fully expect to win about 3-1 on aggregate.

Next stop Folly D'ucks or whatever you call them.

I will be the first to say it...this tie has the look of a banana skin all over it. We seem ill prepared and certainly may face the consequences. If this mob score at Pittodrie we are out. I don’t see us scoring more than one goal in the full 2 legs.

That's a bit pessimistic, even for you RJ

Our greatest danger is to go in on Thursday trying not to lose a goal as our priority.

Entertaining the fans doesn't seem to come into it.

Let's go for a 5-2 win

11 July 2019, 20:45 CET
    Aberdeen FC (SCO) - RoPS Rovaniemi (FIN)

Referee: Kaspar Sjöberg (SWE)
    Assistant Referee 1: Fredrik Klyver (SWE)
    Assistant Referee 2: Peter Allheim (SWE)
    Fourth Official: Bojan Pandzic (SWE)
    UEFA Referee Observer: Fritz Stuchlik (AUT)
    UEFA Delegate: Roland Tis (BEL)
    Delegate Trainee: Iain Blair (SCO)

Looks like the SPFL Secretary / Operations Director is training for a new career in the post-Doncaster era.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That's a bit pessimistic, even for you RJ

Our greatest danger is to go in on Thursday trying not to lose a goal as our priority.

Entertaining the fans doesn't seem to come into it.

Let's go for a 5-2 win
    I understand what you are saying DD but sadly the reality is we don’t have the right quality of striker or creative midfielder to score 5 goals against any decent opposition. I wish we did.

Whenever we have been knocked out by a team we could realistically have beaten it has invariably been a failure to keep a clean sheet in a home tie ( Limassol, Kairat, Maribor and even arguably Burnley). So I fully expect a cautious approach on Thursday with McInnes being perfectly happy with a 1-0 victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post

Next stop Folly D'ucks or whatever you call them.
    Chikhura have had some wins over two legs that Aberdeen would be proud of over two legs in recent years, knocking out Beitar Jerusalem and Bursaspor.

I don't know the relative strengths of Fola or Chikhura but I'd be more concerned about a trip to Georgia than Luxembourg from a view point of qualifying for the 3rd Round Qualifying.

However, one round at a time, and we've easily got the hardest 1st Round tie out of the three Scottish (although Sevco don't consider themselves as such) representatives and you can easily imagine us having a difficult time in Finland in the 2nd leg

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I understand what you are saying DD but sadly the reality is we don’t have the right quality of striker or creative midfielder to score 5 goals against any decent opposition. I wish we did.

Whenever we have been knocked out by a team we could realistically have beaten it has invariably been a failure to keep a clean sheet in a home tie ( Limassol, Kairat, Maribor and even arguably Burnley). So I fully expect a cautious approach on Thursday with McInnes being perfectly happy with a 1-0 victory.

I wish you'd said that before I bought my ticket.

Well, I don't suppose it would have really made much difference because l'm a lifelong supporter.

However, as they try to replace the likes of me with customers buying a product, they're going to have to provide entertainment.

Challenger brand my a'rse.

In or Oot - In

Pre-match - Work

Post-match - Home to bed for a 5am start on the Friday

Furry Boots - Main Stand Block E

Prediction - A drab match with AFC trying to grind out a 1-0 win.

Match Programme Cover is online based on GTA theme

Name:  Capture1-382x564.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  69.4 KB

What the f'uck is a GTA?

Bloody hell I wish folk would use words.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast