+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This week

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    What exactly is this meeting about?
    Notts’ barrister (although knowing Hardy he probably sent a barista) said this in High Court last week.

From the NP last week:

“But she told the court that now a Danish consortium, with funds, had entered the picture so a further adjournment was being requested for the league to approve the directors and the share transfer.

“The next session of the league is scheduled for July 17, so approval of the share transfer could be given then, she said.”

And if it isn’t...

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Notts’ barrister (although knowing Hardy he probably sent a barista) said this in High Court last week.

From the NP last week:

“But she told the court that now a Danish consortium, with funds, had entered the picture so a further adjournment was being requested for the league to approve the directors and the share transfer.

“The next session of the league is scheduled for July 17, so approval of the share transfer could be given then, she said.”

And if it isn’t...
    I suggest we fly over to Florida, en masse and kick sand in his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    I suggest we fly over to Florida, en masse and kick sand in his face.
    I was with you until I realised it might be seen by some as a "vendetta, bullying, trolling, call it what you will".

I would say if he’s gone to Florida it’s probably good news and everything is agreed and just with the lawyers. If it had gone belly up surely he would be trying his hardest to drag the SAs back.

What can we do guys except sit back try and chill and hope for the best. It's all out of our hands. I do know my Mum and sister will be suicidal if the worst happens. I, like every man woman and child who has affinity to our once great football club, hopes and prays that we are still in existence come August 3rd and for the rest of the coming season and hopefully many more to come.

From the NP last week:

And if it isn’t...
    So I guess we'll know more tomorrow. As others have said, perhaps Hardy's holiday means everything is ready to go. Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    So I guess we'll know more tomorrow. As others have said, perhaps Hardy's holiday means everything is ready to go. Or maybe not.
    There is nothing he cant do in Florida he cant do here other than meet face to face. As far as I am aware Phones, fax machines, the internet and the spoken voice all exist in Florida. I cant see what the fuss is to be honest. If he needs to come back he can jump on a plane. Whole thing is a ridiculous over reaction on a compare with the fact he still goes shopping. Its got to the point where anything he does people find a negative angle on and I get it but just let it go, it wont change or improve anything.

If true, that just adds insult to injury for all the unpaid members of staff. Also smacks of someone whose priorities are all wrong. Or maybe he wants to be out of the country if bad news breaks.

Wednesday looks like being a decisive day with the National League meeting. If nothing positive emerges from that, I’d say we’re screwed - for next season at least.
    Priorities all wrong? He has only thought of himself since DAY 1. It's all about ME ME ME...

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    There is nothing he cant do in Florida he cant do here other than meet face to face. As far as I am aware Phones, fax machines, the internet and the spoken voice all exist in Florida. I cant see what the fuss is to be honest. If he needs to come back he can jump on a plane. Whole thing is a ridiculous over reaction on a compare with the fact he still goes shopping. Its got to the point where anything he does people find a negative angle on and I get it but just let it go, it wont change or improve anything.
    I don't think the takeover will be affected by his trip. The bad feeling currently is, he was luxury shopping and taking an expensive holiday days after the fans were out filling begging buckets for his unpaid staff. I guarantee he's spent more on those 2 things than the amount that was raised at Ilkeston.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I would say if he’s gone to Florida it’s probably good news and everything is agreed and just with the lawyers. If it had gone belly up surely he would be trying his hardest to drag the SAs back.
    I would agree with you matt. Does flying out to Florida on holiday look like the actions of a worried man? Supposedly his multi-million pound investments in Notts and Paragon are going down the pan, he's too skint to pay his employees wages, yet he's cleared off out of the way without a care? No, something positive is happening and his presence is not necessary. If it was really bad news like the imminent demise of Notts County you would think he'd still be around, trying to retrieve something from the debris. On the other hand if all the "T"s had been dotted and the "I"s crossed and he's got the receipt in his pocket, then he might think there was no need for him hang around, might as well buzz off, SURF'S UP!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast