+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hemmings off to Dundee

I quite liked him, but his wage's would of been to high for the non league. Think he'll do well back north of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Which part? All you have to do is watch our games and you will see him closing players down and making challenges, if I could be arsed wasting my time I could find plenty of video evidence from the full match videos posted on PiesPlayer but it's not worth it. He played plenty of last season through injury when he could have sat on his arse but you're right, disinterested...
    He's a footballer...playing is his job? He was obviously fit enough to play otherwise he wouldn't have been able to. Also, i could chase balls and close players down...and I'm rubbish. That is the very least you would expect from a player.

He played a large part in the team that got relegated from the football league. He was paid handsomely for doing it too. Clearly isn't a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Dundee aren't in the SPL.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    He's a footballer...playing is his job? He was obviously fit enough to play otherwise he wouldn't have been able to. Also, i could chase balls and close players down...and I'm rubbish. That is the very least you would expect from a player.

He played a large part in the team that got relegated from the football league. He was paid handsomely for doing it too. Clearly isn't a winner.
    You've missed the point, if he was as disinterested as suggested he could have easily chose not to play through injury, handed in a sicknote so to speak and sat on his arse getting paid for it (like Kellett seems to be doing for most of his time here) and covering ground to close players down is not an attribute lazy players tend to display whether they should be doing it as a minimum or not

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    He was totally ineffective on Tues. The Conference is not the league for him. There is talent there but I'm not going to praise him for chasing balls and closing down defenders. That was the very least he should be doing.

Get somebody younger, hungrier and cheaper please.

I want us to put an end to these kind of signings. Do some proper scouting and sign lads who will make us some money and be pleased to be here.
    Agreed. How many times have we made a 'marquee' signing where we pay an actual fee, only for that player to leave a year or two later for nothing.

We can now add Hemmings to the list that includes Danny Haynes and Izale McLeod, and will eventually include Dennis and Enzio.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Hemmings is one of those players that within 5 minutes of leaving, I will forget he ever played for us.
    Five minutes is too long, I'm sure you'll agree with me that all we need now is a busy target man to play alongside Enzio up front.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Looks like it is, Gumpy:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/kane-signs/

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Five minutes is too long, I'm sure you'll agree with me that all we need now is a busy target man to play alongside Enzio up front.
    I will agree with you on the need for a target man bit.

Piece of cake

Good glad he's gone

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast