+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How do we improve the team?

Don _ Corleone

I am with you every way with regards to points 4 to 8
    We never seem as Fit as dare I say Old Farm players. We are so slow and lethargic
    Hoofball is killing us
    Signing injury prone players .... WTF is the point that's just asking for trouble
    We need to go back to the very basics at training and I mean the very basics
    At the moment what ever we do at training clearly is not working and our players are not fit

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    At the moment what ever we do at training clearly is not working and our players are not fit
    With the cracking new facilities oot the road ready to open very soon we won't have any excuses for having players that aren't at peak fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The fitness thing is a sackable offense. Why aren't they fit? It's nothing to do with the training facilities.
    Spot on, take the hun greg stewart for example, gerrard talking about the first thing he did since stewart signed was work with him to improve his level of fitness.
    Why the fk cant our fkn leader to the basics and get the palyers as fit as fk for fox ahe, after they all they are supposed to be professional athletes.
    Back to the title of this thread.
    For me the first step is take a gamble change the management team and it will be a tart to improves the team.
    Other than that under the current leadership regime it is not going to improve at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    . McInnes did a decent job in the first 2-3 years .
    Maybe so, but it was a decent job with a squad that he basically inherited the guts of, and his own squads since that first couple of years have by enlarge been of less than average ability to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I saw this from the piece on BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49867284
    And Gerrard says the key to Stewart's inclusion was improving his fitness.

Now, I'll grant you that the source is beyond reproach, but if true, others have mentioned that he seemed fitter elsewhere.
    Why is that?
    Does anyone actually think blue boot/orange boot wanted to play for us?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Spot on, take the hun greg stewart for example, gerrard talking about the first thing he did since stewart signed was work with him to improve his level of fitness.
    Interestingly that before Saturday, Greg Stewart’s fitness was so great that he made a total of 22 minutes appearances in league games this season coming off the bench in three games.

Guess now that he’s up to speed, he’ll feature a lot more for SevCo

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Interestingly that before Saturday, Greg Stewart’s fitness was so great that he made a total of 22 minutes appearances in league games this season coming off the bench in three games.

Guess now that he’s up to speed, he’ll feature a lot more for SevCo
    Greg Stewart was generally not quite upto full fitness with us anyway. I am sure McInnes himself said this a few times last season. We could say the same about James Wilson...I am sure he hasn’t had a pre-season training for at least 2 years. I believe it is mentally as well as physical also. I remember Ronaldo talking about his daily routine and was saying if he didn’t use his gym (in his house) everyday for at least 45 minutes he knew himself his standards would drop. I know he is slightly better than what we have but it’s his desire to be as fit and strong as possible that stuck with me. Our own players could be fitter but they have got to have the desire to keep doing it. Not sure if we have anyone with that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Does anyone actually think blue boot/orange boot wanted to play for us?
    From the vidence of how he played, no.

Why did he want to return for a second go at "can't be arsed"?

Did I not read somewhere that Shankland was unfit too?

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    From the vidence of how he played, no.

Why did he want to return for a second go at "can't be arsed"?

Did I not read somewhere that Shankland was unfit too?
    That was the chat from McInnes, that he wasn't fit enough and Shankland said as much as well.

None of the players look fit or motivated this year. Bryson in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Bryson in particular.
    100%
    I rememeber making a comment on the Killie match thread that Bryson looked fkn knackered even just running out on to the park for the start of the game.
    Thing was I was not joking he really did look just totally fkd, why oh why ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast