+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1047

Thread: O/T Democracy

Raging.

Ive been a Labour voter all my life and a member for much of it (but remembered to cancel my direct debit earlier this year before being hooked in another year). Id concider myself hard line remain centre left. If the next election is essentially about Brexit then I will not vote Labour.

I would not vote the Lib Dems either (Animal you have misread it lol). I dont believe a second referendum is right. If in a second vote remain happen to win I think the country will decend into chaos (even more so than now). Lib Dems have got that policy totally wrong. I think they think its an easy vote winner but they have misjudged the mood.

Having voted out weve got to leave. I see Brexit as bad for the country that will be made even worse by a no deal exit.

I simply want those that ran the leave campaign (Johnson) to honour the pledge they made to leave with a deal.

Think most people on here are leavers wanchai me included so don't know why the likes of biglad get so tetchy with us. The argument tho is how we leave which boils down to are you a no deal leaver or a deal leaver and for me what kind of deal leaver.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Raging.

Ive been a Labour voter all my life and a member for much of it (but remembered to cancel my direct debit earlier this year before being hooked in another year). Id concider myself hard line remain centre left. If the next election is essentially about Brexit then I will not vote Labour.

I would not vote the Lib Dems either (Animal you have misread it lol). I dont believe a second referendum is right. If in a second vote remain happen to win I think the country will decend into chaos (even more so than now). Lib Dems have got that policy totally wrong. I think they think its an easy vote winner but they have misjudged the mood.

Having voted out weve got to leave. I see Brexit as bad for the country that will be made even worse by a no deal exit.

I simply want those that ran the leave campaign (Johnson) to honour the pledge they made to leave with a deal.
    It's not in Johnson's gift to leave with a deal. Parliament repeatedly rejected the only deal that the EU have offered to date (but appear to be willing to 'discuss' despite repeated assertions that it wouldn't be changed) and have rejected no deal, which has taken away the only real leverage that the UK has in the negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think most people on here are leavers wanchai me included so don't know why the likes of biglad get so tetchy with us. The argument tho is how we leave which boils down to are you a no deal leaver or a deal leaver and for me what kind of deal leaver.
    What kind of deal do you want and, more importantly, is it one that actually means leave, can be negotiated with the EU and could get through Parliament?

Putting aside Brexit who do you vote now Biglad?
    I'm a floating voter WCM and have been for sometime now as hold no elegance to any one party.

You know me Kerr a lefty deal. It wouldn't get through parliament ATM admittedly, it would need a labour govt with a decent majority so probably little chance of getting that admittedly. I am reasonably open to other ideas but don't want anything to do with trump or knee jerk xenophobic border controls.

Raging.

If he had the chance to go there and be able to threaten to walk away without parliament stabbing him in the back then you would get a deal.

The only way to get that deal now is from outside the EU so he has to leave with a clean break just to be able to seriously have negotiations that mean anything at all.

With that in mind sell me a compromise scenario that could suit me Kerr.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You know me Kerr a lefty deal. It wouldn't get through parliament ATM admittedly, it would need a labour govt with a decent majority so probably little chance of getting that admittedly. I am reasonably open to other ideas but don't want anything to do with trump or knee jerk xenophobic border controls.
    How do you define a lefty deal?

Summat that supports workers and the disadvantaged in society.

Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast