+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team of the 70s

Team of the 70s

Not seen it posted but found it a really interesting watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFS7KDIsUSE

An absolute treasure. It's in my archives to watch again and again.

Thanks Attila,great watch and it's gone into my fav you tube films..

That brings back some memories, Colin Blant coming off the training pitch next to Colin Waldron at 35.12, Arthur Bellamy, the most under-rated player ever to wear a Burnley shirt imo, he was sheer class was Arthur, the Dobbo goal at Stamford Bridge, although the sound of a roaring crowd has been dubbed on for that one, I was there, you could have heard a pin drop, my favourite ever strip, the light blue shorts/dark blue shirts, Roy Kilby, I once travelled down to a London game in the same train compartment as Roy, he was sat in with a bunch of right idiots and never bat an eyelid, how he put up with us I've no idea. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    Not seen it posted but found it a really interesting watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFS7KDIsUSE
    This is an absolute goldmine and should be watched not just by Claret fans but all students of the game of football. As Simon Inglis puts it-it was as if I had been transported back in time; I was back on the terraces and my feet were freezing cold and I was blowing into my hands to keep them warm. I realised I was old enough now to look back on my youth as history.

I really enjoyed watching it. Peter Mellor was the first Burnley keeper I can remember.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)