+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 281 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Our lot have not got a phooking clue map.

Madrid is the most Corona Virus infected city in Spain.

What do we do?

We allow 3000 Atletico Madrid supporters to fly in and out of Liverpool for a football match.

Two days later, after the horse has bolted and is halfway down to phooking Ascot we postpone the EPL and EFL until early April.

"So far, 14,000 people have died and 250,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.14 Feb 2020"

Am I missing something, 14,000 dead and yet no one seems to bat an eyelid. Given the worldwide panic, this Covid 19 must be at least ten times worse, 5,000 dead so far, so at least another 135,000 to pop their clogs shortly then. Bloody hell, I'm stopping in.
    Last edited by sinkov; 13-03-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "So far, 14,000 people have died and 250,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.14 Feb 2020"

Am I missing something, 14,000 dead and yet no one seems to bat an eyelid. Given the worldwide panic, this Covid 19 must be at least ten times worse, 5,000 dead so far, so at least another 135,000 to pop their clogs shortly, Bloody hell, I'm stopping in.
    I always knew you were a proper mard arse! I'm in Clitheroe on the 18th, fancy a pint around 3-ish on Moor Lane?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I always knew you were a proper mard arse! I'm in Clitheroe on the 18th, fancy a pint around 3-ish on Moor Lane?
    It's well possible mon ami, Mrs S has the car on Wednesday but she's usually back by mid afternoon. You coming over ripping the good folk of Clitheroe off I presume ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Am I missing something, 14,000 dead and yet no one seems to bat an eyelid. Given the worldwide panic, this Covid 19 must be at least ten times worse, 5,000 dead so far, so at least another 135,000 to pop their clogs shortly then. Bloody hell, I'm stopping in.
    While everyone is in a panic about the coronavirus (officially renamed COVID-19 by the World Health Organization), there's an even deadlier virus many people are forgetting about: the flu.

The CDC estimates that up to 31 million Americans have caught the Flu this season, with 210,000 to 370,000 flu sufferers hospitalized because of the virus.

https://www.health.com/condition/col...flu-every-year

No Fear - Sinkov....just need to build up your immunity....am shaking as many hands as I can - asking folk to breath on me - even today, I got desperate....and started licking shop doorhandles !

Real News....the Latest.

out of interest..... .

The Event 201 pandemic exercise, conducted on October 18, 2019

Event 201 was a 3.5-hour pandemic tabletop exercise that simulated a series of dramatic, scenario-based facilitated discussions, confronting difficult, true-to-life dilemmas associated with response to a hypothetical, but scientifically plausible, pandemic. 15 global business, government, and public health leaders were players in the simulation exercise that highlighted unresolved real-world policy and economic issues that could be solved with sufficient political will, financial investment, and attention now and in the future.

The exercise consisted of pre-recorded news broadcasts, live “staff” briefings, and moderated discussions on specific topics. These issues were carefully designed in a compelling narrative that educated the participants and the audience.

The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, World Economic Forum, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation jointly propose these recommendations.

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/about

Last edited by Norder; 14-03-2020 at 12:16 AM.

This Covid 19, can you catch it from shagging beautiful women ?

Page 14 of 281 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)