+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

Ha ha ha you are hard to impress if you think that's bad. Maybe go to a Muse gig if you're a perfectionist.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Why should mikemiller believe owt you send him assuming you have. i certainly wouldn't.

It ain't me only me who thinks this. There are scientists and advisers and now the tory press who says the same.

Your resorting to type again by the way. Oh dear! Using expletives again...I know my old dad used to say its a sign you are losing an argument when you resort to swearing...I feel comforted then I must be saying summat reight...

I'll tell you what, just for you, I'll give you some details on here of myself on here. My name is Tim Jameson. My address is 23 Warburton Road, Rawmarsh, s67 1zL. There you are. I can't be fairer than that...just for you...pop round and I will make you a cup of tea and slice of cake...no violence involved I promise...
    Was going to pop round for elevenses Roly and I'm having trouble finding that address with my sat nav. Did you mistype it?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    On testing, I would simply point out that the Chinese only got round to reporting the disease to WHO on 31st December and spent some time denying the existence of human to human transmission (great response!).
    Except that according to David Nabarro, professor of global health at Imperial College, London, and an envoy for the World Health Organization on Covid-19, the WHO were tracking the virus from late December and within weeks had called a meeting of its emergency committee.

The Wuhan Doctor, Li Wenliang, your whistleblower, had raised the alarm on a WeChat group to medical school classmates.

It was the first week of January that local police in Wuhan ordered him to stop making these posts.

David Nabarro, says "One thing is for sure. All governments were warned how serious the situation was likely to become as early as the end of January. Ignorance of the danger that was coming can be no excuse."

Not sure the massive cover up pushing was actually a massive cover up. But never mind, I only post pro China stuff and anything I say should therefore be dismissed as rubbish.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virus-so-wrong

I have no idea who Li Wenliang told about his concerns, but what is beyond doubt is that they came to the attention of the state who responded by trying to silence him in the interests of state security, for which read the reputation of the Chinese Communist Party. That approach is on all fours with that of officials within the Catholic Church who suppressed reports of child abuse because they put the reputation of the organisation above the interests of the children concerned.

Who knows, perhaps you are a great admirer of the response of the Catholic Church to child abuse too on the basis that the victims generally only told one or two people?

It's difficult to determine the greater sin between the Chinese Communist party & the deputy CMO in the UK as part of the Governments daily briefing
    Speaking at the daily government press conference on Sunday, the deputy chief medical officer (CMO) said the existence of a "pandemic stockpile" was a "very high quality mark" of preparation.

The UK, she said: "Has been an international exemplar in preparedness. So the fact that there is a pandemic stockpile is considered a very high quality mark of a prepared country in international terms."

You decide [oh dear KA has logged off]
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 20-04-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Except that according to David Nabarro, professor of global health at Imperial College, London, and an envoy for the World Health Organization on Covid-19, the WHO were tracking the virus from late December and within weeks had called a meeting of its emergency committee.

The Wuhan Doctor, Li Wenliang, your whistleblower, had raised the alarm on a WeChat group to medical school classmates.

It was the first week of January that local police in Wuhan ordered him to stop making these posts.

David Nabarro, says "One thing is for sure. All governments were warned how serious the situation was likely to become as early as the end of January. Ignorance of the danger that was coming can be no excuse."

Not sure the massive cover up pushing was actually a massive cover up. But never mind, I only post pro China stuff and anything I say should therefore be dismissed as rubbish.

The five week period from when WHO started tracking the virus to letting the world leaders know about the severely of the virus in hindsight was too long. As we all know how long it takes governments to organise pizz-ups in brewery's.
    Let's hope this 10 week it took to organise sht is one of the lessons that that can be learned.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

A good read in the FT regarding your buddies....

When Roger Roth received an email from the Chinese government asking him to sponsor a bill in the Wisconsin state legislature praising China’s response to coronavirus, he thought it must be a hoax. The sender had even appended a pre-written resolution full of Communist party talking points and dubious claims for the Wisconsin senate president to put to a vote. “I’ve never heard of a foreign government approaching a state legislature and asking them to pass a piece of legislation,” Mr Roth told me last week. “I thought this couldn’t be real.” Then he discovered it was indeed sent by China’s consul-general in Chicago. “I was astonished . . .[and] wrote a letter back: ‘dear consul general, NUTS’.” It is impossible to see this episode as anything but another disastrous own goal in Beijing’s attempts to boost its global standing in the time of coronavirus. From the deplorable treatment of African citizens in southern China to the export of faulty medical equipment, or the official endorsement of conspiracy theories blaming the US military for the outbreak, most of the Communist party’s efforts to control the international narrative have backfired. Some assume the west’s chaotic and early response allows China to step into the global governance vacuum. Even allowing for questionable data, China has so far reported under 5,000 deaths, versus almost 30,000 in the US and nearly 20,000 each in Italy and Spain. But Beijing’s attempts to take advantage of the situation are more likely to leave it isolated and distrusted on the world stage when the crisis recedes. Wang Jisi, a legendary scholar at Peking University, says the virus fallout has pushed Sino-US relations to their worst level since formal ties were established in the 1970s. He describes bilateral economic and technological decoupling as “already irreversible”. The shift has been striking in the UK too, where influential Conservatives have called on the prime minister to be tougher on China, the British press has become more critical, and intelligence agencies have promised to focus on the threat from Beijing. In Europe and Australia, governments have rushed to block Chinese companies from buying assets cheaply amid economic carnage. And Tokyo has set aside $2.2bn explicitly to help Japanese companies move their supply chains out of China. But it is not just the US and its allies that have soured on Beijing. North Korea, China’s only treaty ally, was the first country to close its northern border at the start of the outbreak, despite Beijing’s objections to international travel bans. Russia quickly followed. Even Iranian officials have criticised China for hiding the extent of the outbreak.

The Virology Laboratory in Wuhan is a place of deep suspicion .

I don't think I'm heading towards conspiracy theory territory with this given the facility hmm....... studied and stored coronaviruses !! .

They've studied them for years .

Interesting GM and dont dispute any of it.

If anyone can help with plasma donations

https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/how-you-can...gXpDbPOj5sIGXw

Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast