+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: No football this year

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks Islay. I was trying to point out that the nursing homes are not part of the NHSin the way that hospitals are. I can understand that personal circumstances need to be considered but I have not heard anyone try to defend the care sector, and I think they deserve much more support.
    BCram,
    I used to think that care homes were the same as nursing homes and it was only a couple of months before my father had to go into a nursing home that I discovered that there is a big difference.
    People who are resident in a nursing home require nursing care whilst this not the case in a care home who residents are often able to out of the care home for a walk unaided.
    In my opinion residents of a care home who showed signs of Covid-19 should have been immediately transferred to a hospital for treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    They are elected members of Parliament if they can’t take criticism what are they really there for ,Morgan can be pedantic no doubt but he’s essentially asking questions that need answers ,why would you give them the heads up on what you were going to ask can they not work that out themselves in the current climate..!!!

How much money is not enough when it comes to the NHS ,have there been cuts undoubtedly but the numbers are huge how much of that money is squandered through bad management/practices you can never have enough if your essentially pouring money down a hole.
    In my opinion people stand for election as an MP for one reason. They like to feel important. They are certainly not becoming an MP for the good of the country or their electorate as the only time they coming knocking on your door is when there is a General Election coming up.
    In December 2018 I had a meeting with Stewart Hosie SNP MP for Dundee East, Monifieth and Carnoustie who was the SNP member of a Treasury Select Committee grilling Ross MacEwan Chief Executive of RBS about internal fraud in his bank. I handed over proven information about internal fraud in a Nat West Bank (part of the RBS Group) Clearing Centre. 16 months later I am still waiting for a reply from Stewart Hosie. Meanwhile Ross MacEwan now retired as Chief Executive of RBS has received a CBE.
    No doubt Stewart Hosie will be looking forward to elevation to the House of Lords when he eventually retires as an MP.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion people stand for election as an MP for one reason. They like to feel important. They are certainly not becoming an MP for the good of the country or their electorate as the only time they coming knocking on your door is when there is a General Election coming up.
    In December 2018 I had a meeting with Stewart Hosie SNP MP for Dundee East, Monifieth and Carnoustie who was the SNP member of a Treasury Select Committee grilling Ross MacEwan Chief Executive of RBS about internal fraud in his bank. I handed over proven information about internal fraud in a Nat West Bank (part of the RBS Group) Clearing Centre. 16 months later I am still waiting for a reply from Stewart Hosie. Meanwhile Ross MacEwan now retired as Chief Executive of RBS has received a CBE.
    No doubt Stewart Hosie will be looking forward to elevation to the House of Lords when he eventually retires as an MP.
    Islam,not being funny but is fraud not a matter for Police Scotland

D - snp mps or msps don’t accept peerages
    But I agree he never impressed me when I met him
    Iv met a few politicians at various events and I was the most impressed by Ken Clark but most of them of all parties seemed ok as people.

Lord Thomson of Monifeith latterly the Chairman of ITV used to sponsor the Dee each season of memory serves me right.

Meant Islay....

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;39486241]BCram,
    I used to think that care homes were the same as nursing homes and it was only a couple of months before my father had to go into a nursing home that I discovered that there is a big difference.
    People who are resident in a nursing home require nursing care whilst this not the case in a care home who residents are often able to out of the care home for a walk unaided.
    In my opinion residents of a care home who showed signs of Covid-19 should have been immediately transferred to a hospital for treatment.[/

Seems obvious Islay. Wonder why it doesn't happen? In fact it seems as though getting people out of hospital and into social care is the norm.

yip i agree P Morgan isnt everyones cup of tea,however he asks the questions that so many are not,it will be very interesting if the minister who was on for the last two weeks and who told PM on 1st interview that she would get the numbers last week and never just beggars belief,no wonder PM savaged her.

If i took the school run kids to Arbroath instead of their correct school id lose my job,the minister im referring too never knew the correct numbers of front line nhs/care staff who had lost their lives,that is just wrong on so many levels,i look forward to her being back on i think its tomoro morning.

Also totally agree re the govt leaving the back door open thats a scandal in itself,not to mention the away fans who were allowed to travel to Liverpool despite their own league playing behind closed doors at the time

Morgan’s usually not bad but he’s just being a pryck over the current crisis the same as every other journalist.

This is showing them up for how poor some of them really are.

I’m sure the uk gov, looking back, would do some things differently, we all would.

Easy to criticise when you don’t have to make any decisions.

I never knew we had so many virologist experts among the general population.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Morgan’s usually not bad but he’s just being a pryck over the current crisis the same as every other journalist.

This is showing them up for how poor some of them really are.

I’m sure the uk gov, looking back, would do some things differently, we all would.

Easy to criticise when you don’t have to make any decisions.

I never knew we had so many virologist experts among the general population.
    In the beginning I think the government chose the herd immunity route and said phuck it the older generation ,that’s how it looked anyway...Also might have been a good idea to lead by example and not sit in the commons as normal and contract the virus and be out the game for a month.

Regards decisions ,it looks like we now have to decide if we should wear face protection not necessarily masks in shops ,(we should consider) the FM’s words what kind of half arsed statement is that....

If politicians don’t do their homework then guys like Piers Morgan will rightly tear them a new one....

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    In the beginning I think the government chose the herd immunity route and said phuck it the older generation ,that’s how it looked anyway...Also might have been a good idea to lead by example and not sit in the commons as normal and contract the virus and be out the game for a month.

Regards decisions ,it looks like we now have to decide if we should wear face protection not necessarily masks in shops ,(we should consider) the FM’s words what kind of half arsed statement is that....

If politicians don’t do their homework then guys like Piers Morgan will rightly tear them a new one....
    Governments have been following scientific advice and that’s all they could do.

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Sturgeon just adds confusion....which I think is what they want.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)