+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Get Covid 19 done.

O/T Get Covid 19 done.

Fat chance. We have a blustering liar as a Prime Minister who has surrounded himself with a Cabinet of inadequate right wing loons selected to nod through his Brexit policy. Before that happens they have to deal with Covid 19 and so far they have been a shambles. Their appearances and presentations at the daily briefings have been embarrassing. More importantly their policies have been worse. Starting with the brief flirtation with the herding policy they eventually switched to lock down after wasting two or three precious weeks during which they allowed both Liverpools Euro match and the Cheltenham Gold Cup to go ahead creating spike in virus related deaths in both Liverpool and Cheltenham. Now we have a total of more than 28000 deaths which makes us runners up so far and still counting in the Euro Covid death rate toll. Other achievements include leaving 37% of doctors without full PPE with similar problems for both nurses and social care workers after bringing both the NHS and the care system to their knees with ten long years of austerity. This from a Prime Minister who promised to get Brexit done in the full knowledge that the negotiations will take years unless we create another shambles and walk away.
    When dealing with both these problems the right wing loons trot the same myths regarding our exceptionalism from the last world war to justify pursuing their disastrous policies.

I said in an earlier post "watch this space " and true to form how these muppets have been running the complete cockup they're considering relaxing the lockdown ,let's just see what happens when new cases and death rates start to go up again

Go and sheck yor earrds , yes there's been some almighty blunders , yes they could have done better , ask yourself this what would you have done ? Listen or not to Medical advice ? These are incredibly unfortunate circumstances , no matter what party leads the UK , stop all this blame him or her rubbish for gods sake , it's pathetic , as for opening poster ? Enough said ! Doom merchant ,

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I said in an earlier post "watch this space " and true to form how these muppets have been running the complete cockup they're considering relaxing the lockdown ,let's just see what happens when new cases and death rates start to go up again
    I dunt think they are Muppets Dools , the Muppets are the ones wanting to relax Lockdown , it's going to be a slow progress and rightly so , the real Muppets are the ones breaking any curfew to go out drinking at weatherspoons etc , vankas and a waste of space , Keep on Lockingdarn Boris , wiv come this far don't let the Idiots ruin or endanger anyone else ,

I think you'll find all Weatherspoons are closed Roma unless you know different

That's what I said personally I want the lockdown to be still in place because as you and I know if the lockdowns are relaxed it will be abused

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I dunt think they are Muppets Dools , the Muppets are the ones wanting to relax Lockdown , it's going to be a slow progress and rightly so , the real Muppets are the ones breaking any curfew to go out drinking at weatherspoons etc , vankas and a waste of space , Keep on Lockingdarn Boris , wiv come this far don't let the Idiots ruin or endanger anyone else ,
    Tha reight Roma, Keep it locked down.
    I’m dreading the lifting of it, the first lockdown was done with compliance, the second one will be very hard I think to enforce.
    When this ends, I’ll be giving pubs (especially Spoons) and cafes a very wide berth, for a good month or two to see if there’s a re emergence of the Bast@rd before I go anywhere near one. And then it’ll be an afternoon session in a quiet pub miles from a town centre. If there are any left in business. I’m thinking get in, get a pint, take it outside and sup it in the rain! ..... and repeat.

The families of the 28000 unfortunate victims(and still rising) might think differently Roma.

I'm not one for mud slinging between Labour and Tory or suggesting certain parties or leaders would have dealt with this situation better. The questions and doubts must be raised though as to how certain measures weren't introduced earlier. I have to say that this death toll should've been considerably less when you consider the warning signs were clearly already there.

When the news broke about the outbreak of coronavirus in China I was immediately concerned albeit we were only fed scraps on the News and it was left to our own interpretations. Seeing the PPE that the Chinese doctors were decked out in really hit home to me that this was serious stuff.

The magnitude of the situation was not really heeded by most of the general public across Europe. Surely it's down to our government to raise awareness and make people aware of the severity and dangers that were imminent in this country, especially as the situation become national emergencies in Spain and Italy in the weeks before hand.

The politicians hold massive responsibility and failed to take swift action. All down to money and the economy I expect. The virus was always going to arrive here and deaths were inevitable but we should've been able to contain it far better in my opinion had we raised enough awareness and had certain measures already in place.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    The families of the 28000 unfortunate victims(and still rising) might think differently Roma.

I'm not one for mud slinging between Labour and Tory or suggesting certain parties or leaders would have dealt with this situation better. The questions and doubts must be raised though as to how certain measures weren't introduced earlier. I have to say that this death toll should've been considerably less when you consider the warning signs were clearly already there.

When the news broke about the outbreak of coronavirus in China I was immediately concerned albeit we were only fed scraps on the News and it was left to our own interpretations. Seeing the PPE that the Chinese doctors were decked out in really hit home to me that this was serious stuff.

The magnitude of the situation was not really heeded by most of the general public across Europe. Surely it's down to our government to raise awareness and make people aware of the severity and dangers that were imminent in this country, especially as the situation become national emergencies in Spain and Italy in the weeks before hand.

The politicians hold massive responsibility and failed to take swift action. All down to money and the economy I expect. The virus was always going to arrive here and deaths were inevitable but we should've been able to contain it far better in my opinion had we raised enough awareness and had certain measures already in place.
    Tha not a million miles away with that Pass .

What is particularly grating on me is that bodies such as SAGE have done " pandemic what if scenarios " in the recent past .

They make recommendations based on the country's ability to be able to cope with the least loss of life possible and the affects to the economy based on where the country is at the time the study is conducted .

The majority of their recommendations were not acted upon by the government .

Now the opposition don't get away with it either because they should also be in the loop on this and the questions should have been raised as to why the government hadn't done anything and I've seen no evidence that they did .

I'm also struggling to get past the Cheltenham Festival in mid March which was allowed to take place at a time when this thing was starting to become real , football matches in Italy and Spain were getting called off at that time .

A catastrophic decision .

When we needed a strong PM with a sense of reality , instead we had a dithering idiot shaking hands with Covid - 19 patients and bragging about it whilst setting the tone of the governments actual attitude towards it .

It nearly cost the daft fecker his own life but tragically others weren't so fortunate .

This country not too long ago had a superb reputation for having things in place for this kind of pandemic and was a world leader , so much so other country's came over here to learn how they could react to such a crisis .

As it stands today we have a larger death toll than South America , Asia and Australasia combined , some 6 billion people .

Some extremely serious questions need to be answered when this is over , to say the fecking least .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I think you'll find all Weatherspoons are closed Roma unless you know different
    There has been at least 4 pubs across South Yorkshire fined for having lock ins , 3 in the Dearne Valley 1 in Sheffield , I dont know if they are part of the same chain Exile , i used Weatherspoons as a likely venue due to its popularity with early mornin/all day drinkers , apparently it's good value food and drink

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast