+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If

Agreed but that is what we apparently trying to do. I believe JFA can veto the permanent transfer so maybe Leeds and JFA have agreed something - who knows but never a dull moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Agreed but that is what we apparently trying to do. I believe JFA can veto the permanent transfer so maybe Leeds and JFA have agreed something - who knows but never a dull moment.
    Something like...."Give me a couple of million and I'll save you the £18m"? Would seriously put Ortas nose out of joint, (might spoil his chances of getting the DoF post at RB Leipzig even), which would of course be a great shame.

Would DOF at Leipzig be a promotion?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Would DOF at Leipzig be a promotion?

Just curious.
    They are Bundesliga, been in the Champions League quarters beating Spurs, so not to be sneezed at, in addition to anything that might relate to the JKA deal.

We are a way better footballing side than the 3 that went up last year, we will be ok. Suprised some on here are still slagging of Bielsa on a weekly basis given where we sit in the league and the supposed "quality" of our squad. He gets more than the sum total out of average players, so whats to worry about?

I cant see Biesla breaking up the team dynamic with wholesale changes if we do get promoted. So far he has not been that type of manager.

I do think purse strings will be held tightly unless we get serious investment.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    We are a way better footballing side than the 3 that went up last year, we will be ok. Suprised some on here are still slagging of Bielsa on a weekly basis given where we sit in the league and the supposed "quality" of our squad. He gets more than the sum total out of average players, so whats to worry about?
    Agreed, not to mention neck and neck with Sheff Utd last season and they have done well, we keep the ball very well as proved against Arsenal, obviously would need at least 2 strikers, 2 c.backs and replacement for Pablo, nearly every side in the Prem have 4 for up top and same with back, Not 100% sure on the young keeper yet although he is doing ok and has proved he is better than Kiko, I think we would need a better more experienced one if we reach the Prem..

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Agreed, not to mention neck and neck with Sheff Utd last season and they have done well, we keep the ball very well as proved against Arsenal, obviously would need at least 2 strikers, 2 c.backs and replacement for Pablo, nearly every side in the Prem have 4 for up top and same with back, Not 100% sure on the young keeper yet although he is doing ok and has proved he is better than Kiko, I think we would need a better more experienced one if we reach the Prem..
    No change then.
    Oh, apart from 5 outfield players and a goalkeeper.

I think the key will be White. Hard to state what an impact he's had. The guy shows up for the clutch games. It will likely be up to him to decide since Brighton will have plenty of offers.

Hope the Lure of playing big minutes for a huge club waking up from their slumber for a brilliant (if stubborn) coach is enough to interest him. If it works out he'll end up one of the highest paid defensive players ever. If he goes to citeh or pool and sits for 2-3 years he could get lost on the bench.

Not matter what he'll be set for life financially.

Will be interesting to see on Keep as well. Meslier is very good. would love to see him as our keep next year.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)