+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Minus 12 for Wendy

If all these appeals go to court, it will be next year when the football season starts, how can you play any games when you don't know what league the teams will end up in.

According to Nigella Farage's Twitter account the Championship will be rebranded next year as the Make Believe League and sponsored by Disney.

Fact Not Fake.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    At what stage does TS’s careful stewardship get us up to the Premiership just by virtue of everyone else having batty owners and getting points deductions??
    Give me one like Tony Stewart rather than ten like Chansiri and other chairmen like him.
    Even though it’s completely different to the Wigan situation Wednesdays should have had the points deducted this season not next.

There has been discrepancy with several clubs and more could get points deducted come next season.
    I wonder what would have happened if reading and sheff wed had points deducted like wigan this season. It would have ment 1 of the 3 stayed up (Wigan)

So if Derby and Reading only get a slap on the wrists, will the loop hole of selling your ground to yourself be illegal from now??? Will it come with a -12pts if anyone go down that road again????

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    There has been discrepancy with several clubs and more could get points deducted come next season.
    I wonder what would have happened if reading and sheff wed had points deducted like wigan this season. It would have ment 1 of the 3 stayed up (Wigan)
    Cayton, correct. If both Weds and Reading had -12 points removed THIS season, then Wigan, would have survived and Weds and Reading would have gone down with Hull.
    Last edited by Brin; 02-08-2020 at 08:12 PM.

I would have thought that with many clubs showing losses due to corona factors then staying with the fair play rules must be much more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I would have thought that with many clubs showing losses due to corona factors then staying with the fair play rules must be much more difficult
    We’ve managed it. Then again, we stay within the fair play rules and have a great Chairman whose prudent eye to detail and thrifty spending has kept us in good stock on the balance sheet.

Shame that some Chairmen eye the green eyed monster of promotion at all costs, serves them right.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    We’ve managed it. Then again, we stay within the fair play rules and have a great Chairman whose prudent eye to detail and thrifty spending has kept us in good stock on the balance sheet.

Shame that some Chairmen eye the green eyed monster of promotion at all costs, serves them right.

Yes so far, but no club has yet had an accounting period that includes the covid period

I'm not even sure what Wednesday did was illegal. More a loop hole.
    They had a asset. They sold it. They got 60 million.
    TS regularly puts his own cash into rufc via investment/sponsorship It's just on a smaller scale.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast