+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

If the season starts we still have a slight financial advantage along with Yeovil with our 50% parachute payments.

The owners seem to trust Ardley with that I dont so we will have to wait and see in a years time if they made the correct call.

It is not much good moaning about him its clear he is going to be here next season and he is probably glad of BCD football !

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    He got their tactics spot on yesterday.
    Yep he sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    If the season starts we still have a slight financial advantage along with Yeovil with our 50% parachute payments.

The owners seem to trust Ardley with that I dont so we will have to wait and see in a years time if they made the correct call.

It is not much good moaning about him its clear he is going to be here next season and he is probably glad of BCD football !
    I agree but getting my twopence worth in before Swale as no choice but to ban me for having a go at that arse wipe. Looking forward to reading the Sigmund Freud therios on me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If he had changed the team and lost he would have been murdered on here for changing a winning side.
    What he says. ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'm loving the fact we have such a nice bloke in charge at Notts. I'm hating the fact we have such a sh1te manager in charge at Notts.
    If you hate having a sh1te manager in charge , how much hate has been flowing through you for the past 20 or so years?

I love it when fans almost act surprised that lower league/non league manager aren't that great lol

That's why they manage at this level, that's why the vast majority of the players are at L2 and NL level.

Go grab Google translate before answering the question

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    The owners openly declared they didn’t expect promotion this season, making the play offs, improving player recruitment and steadying a sinking ship will all be seen as a big step forward from the gutter this club was reeling in just over 12 months ago. Ardley and Cox have played their part in that revival and appear to have the owners backing. I will be very surprised not see Neal and Neil given the opportunity to finish the job for another season and despite my own protestations earlier in this campaign I won’t have an issue with them being at the helm again come October 3rd.
    All well and good but then came COVID 19 with all the dire implications to businesses world wide. As a result, virtually every business in the country had to change its plans and aspirations and adhere to a totally new game plan. NCFC are no exception and neither is the manager. He has failed the club twice on the pitch and as a businessman I would not give him the chance to get a hat-trick. Our fans are fickle, their purses are emptying and they deserve more than the prevailing attitude of "carry on regardless". Another year of glib talk, experimentation and failure on the pitch will bring the club down. The club needs leaders -on the managerial side and on the pitch; the trouble is that we don't have them and all we're doing now is re-arranging chairs on the Titanic.

The owners should seek the manager’s views on who he wants filling those two central midfield slots next season. If he sees a future in the Rose / Doyle pairing then it’s time for a change. This is an obvious weakness in the team but appears to be a blind spot for the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    The owners should seek the manager’s views on who he wants filling those two central midfield slots next season. If he sees a future in the Rose / Doyle pairing then it’s time for a change. This is an obvious weakness in the team but appears to be a blind spot for the boss.
    It's not just the fact that we lost that bothers me, nor the realisation that my misplaced enthusiasm makes me feel stupid, it is the manner of the defeat that irks me.
    But when the manager in the week before the match says that he will not let the result become a defining moment for a seasons hard work then i should have expected the possibility of such an outcome.
    The play-off final is designed to be a defining moment. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by loiretchersteve View Post
    It's not just the fact that we lost that bothers me, nor the realisation that my misplaced enthusiasm makes me feel stupid, it is the manner of the defeat that irks me.
    But when the manager in the week before the match says that he will not let the result become a defining moment for a seasons hard work then i should have expected the possibility of such an outcome.
    The play-off final is designed to be a defining moment. !!!
    Well, I think we can now say that Ardley is the only Notts manager to buckle under pressure and bottle it when it most mattered at both ends of the table. He's literally managed to get relegated and miss out on promotion in the final 90 minutes of two successive seasons. That's some going.

The problem is Ardley has another year on his contract worth a minimum of £80k

So sack him now and it’s going to cost £80k.

The only reason Hardy didn’t sack him was because to do so would have finished us off completely.

Further one consortium insisted he sacked Ardley before signing any deal.

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast