+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopes and Expectations for the season

Hopes and Expectations for the season

No longer hope to stay up I now definitely think we will do okay and should finish above the bottom 3.

Hope we sign a couple more players, think the pace of the premier league may be beyond Pablos legs as age catches up with him - couple of times he just didn’t have the leg speed (hope I am wrong on that though).

Expect at least 3 or 4 youngsters to properly break through - Struijk, Meslier and Shacks already - hope at least 3 more come through.

Expect this to be a fun season and think the Bielsa press and player fitness will get us a lot of goals and points.

Happy days!

Having just read through the match day thread most people were very complimentary of our performance, Rightly so, After all we were playing one of the best teams in the world not just the prem league, We stopped their normally fluent flowing football and in patches showed class ourselves, Apart from the obvious front 3 for them, A big part of Liverpools success is the 2 fullbacks bombing forward, Massive credit to Costa and Harrison for stopping that, reason for it was Robertson and Trent were scared to go too far forward because of the threat from our lads,

No need for anyone to have a go at any of the players they all did us proud, seems strange but having lost a game which normally spoils my weekend i feel very happy and proud, please long may it continue,

Expectations for me are high, we are Leeds after all. MOT.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Having just read through the match day thread most people were very complimentary of our performance, Rightly so, After all we were playing one of the best teams in the world not just the prem league, We stopped their normally fluent flowing football and in patches showed class ourselves, Apart from the obvious front 3 for them, A big part of Liverpools success is the 2 fullbacks bombing forward, Massive credit to Costa and Harrison for stopping that, reason for it was Robertson and Trent were scared to go too far forward because of the threat from our lads,

No need for anyone to have a go at any of the players they all did us proud, seems strange but having lost a game which normally spoils my weekend i feel very happy and proud, please long may it continue,

I think we could make champions league and I think we could be relegated right now. Maybe somewhere in between ?
    My hope is we stay up and build something now and for post Bielsa as I am certain nobody can do what he does with players.
    The domestic cups interest me. I understand most people will want to ignore them for league security but they could be a serious chance of silverware and access to Europe.

Mid table will do nicely..anything above that will do even more nicely.

Gutted we didn't get the draw I honestly thought we deserved but proud of the shift we put it.

Agree Rev and all of us have pride in what we did. Great to see Costa look quick and threatening, along with Harrison, against 2 of the best full backs in world football.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post

Agreed. Looking ahead to Wednesday, I am having a great deal of trouble naming the team to play Dull city.

Casilla
    Ayling? Someones got to be captain
    Casey
    Cresswell? Davis?
    Drameh
    Struijk?
    Shackleton
    Roberts
    Poveda
    Gelhardt? Greenwood?
    Alioski (has to play)

Its interesting that Leeds have 2 very young strikers in their academy and Edmondson is loaned out to Aberdeen. Hopefully Bogusz figures somewhere too.

If Rodrigo is in need of fitness he should start.

Would like to see Meslier start. He is young and fit. He is really good and only going to get better.

Need to offload kilos salary

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    If Rodrigo is in need of fitness he should start.
    Agree completely but I don't know where he would play? If he plays striker, he would deprive Gelhardt or Greenwood of starting. If he plays no 20 he deprives Roberts. Tough decision.

Apologies for straying off topic.
    I hope Leeds can keep up their form and energy. I watched ***ham play yesterday. They were poor. Watching WBA against Leicester now. 30 min before Leicester get their first shot on goal. Baggies having trouble getting the ball. They haven't been able to get the ball past halfway in 7 min.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)