+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 139 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    And that right there is the mixture of unrealistic expectation and arrogance that too many of our fans suffer from.
    Every human being in every walk of life will have an off day. And collectively in that play off final, it was ours. I saw nothing in that game that suggested the tactics were wrong. We lost because of individual errors and players not at there best. It was in stark contrast to just a week before where we cruised past Barnet with exactly the same players.
    And why shouldn’t we lose to a team like Harrogate? Because we have a 20k stadium? Because we won the FA. Cup 300 years ago? Harrogate have a good team. They deservedly went up and hammered Tranmere 4-0 in there first game.
    And if it’s purely down to Roberts why we finished third rather than bottom half as you predicted, then well done to Ardley for signing him and making him have such an unbelievable impact. Xxx
    What's unrealistic about beating Harrogate?
    We have a bigger budget and squad.
    I have no reason to expect us to beat anyone because we play in a 20 000 all seater stadium (unless of course it was full every week )
    Yes call Robert's was a good signing and the manager must be applauded.
    However I'm sure he will turn him into an average defensive winger that has to cover his full back and win balls in the air in his own six yard box when defending corners...
    Muchos Loveos xxxxx

After last season's momentum, we should be hitting the ground running; it seems the opposite at present. I've been against all the anti Ardley stuff, but if there is a similarly shambolic performance next week, against a club that itself is in dire straits, the the pendulum will be swinging the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Great response. You can't get away from the fact that the squad budget alone should have us right up there this season and gives us a big advantage over most clubs in the league.

But I'm really glad you said the following

"Harrogate though have had their manager a long time and he's built them up well so were ahead of us in alot of ways."

That's the one people seem to miss.

We tried to Big Budget + New Manager every single season approach and overall the results for the club have been awful. No doubt when relegated from L1 to L2 all those seasons ago , there would have been many a comment on here talking about how we are bigger club than most in the new division and have a bigger budget etc. This attitude/belief maybe connected to the need for a new manager every season as the results don't match the budget
    The one thing we haven't done is let too many managers have time to build up a squad, style, football philosophy.

Be it the current manager who someone else, I wonder if out owners will start to give managers a proper chance. So far it looks like they will ,and it's very refreshing.
    Laddo, what is your obsession with sticking with a manager when it so painfully obviously isn't working? Ardley has been given a huge budget to bring in his own players - players who, at this level, should be looking to attack the opposition and make a real statement (in my opinion). What we are seeing is negative, overly cautious tactics from a man who clearly doesn't know how to get the best from his players.

I know it may not necessarily translate into league form, but I see Stockport won all six of their pre-season games. These things do breed confidence and give you momentum.

My "obsession" is because we rarely stick with any manager.... ever! We have one of the worst turnover of managers of any club in the country. I'm sure I've mentioned this on here before once or twice

If the current manager fails this season, get rid. He will then have had two full seasons to get us promoted. No excuses this time around. That's fair isn't it two seasons? Two attempts for promotion?

He was given more than half a season to save us from relegation and failed.

He had a whole season to get us promoted and failed. The parachute payments stop at the end of this season - can we really afford to give him this season too?

Yes. Plus that's not our decision that's the owners. They are the numbers men after all.

We were heading for relegation all that season from start to end. It was a complete disaster from the first game to the last. Blame Hardy.

Last season no fan on here expected us to win the league last season. You could probably count on 2 fingers how many expected us to finish top. No surprise after the way the previous season ended, the shambles the club was left in when new owners took over, and the lack of a preseason.

We finished 3rd and lost a play off final. Close but no cigar.

This season, no excuse for the manager as I've stated numerous times.

I assume Rez you wanted Ardley sacked after the Swindon town defeat. A new manager would have come in last season not got us promoted and no doubt you would want him gone as a result. More threads wanting that manager sacked, more threads about who we want in next as manager. We've all seen it a dozen plus times in the past two decades. It's dull, it's duller than a Gudjon Thordarson inspired Notts Perfomance.

No thank you.

BTW, who do you want as the next Notts manager?

Morning Laddo.

Of course its the owners' decision - I'm giving my opinion on an 'Ardley out' thread citing the parachute payments as a factor surrounding whether he should stay or not.

Re the relegation season, yes - Hardy has to take the large portion of the blame but do you think Ardley had the players motivated or working in a tactical system that should have, at the very least, seen us finish above Macclesfield and Yeovil?

You are correct that very few Notts fans would have predicted a promotion but given the backing that Ardley had, the style of football was dire and when it came to the big occasions, we just didn't turn up. I'm glad you accept mediocrity.

As for who I want as the next Notts manager, I don't know our budget or who is available but I'm sure we could get someone who could get more from the players than Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    My "obsession" is because we rarely stick with any manager.... ever! We have one of the worst turnover of managers of any club in the country. I'm sure I've mentioned this on here before once or twice

If the current manager fails this season, get rid. He will then have had two full seasons to get us promoted. No excuses this time around. That's fair isn't it two seasons? Two attempts for promotion?
    Laddo, it isn't Notts County The Club who hire and fire managers, it's whoever owns the club. Just because previous owners were trigger happy it doesn't mean Notts have to keep a no-hoper for historical reasons or to improve our image.

The particular owners we have now are still sticking with Ardley in spite of his record with us and his previous club and I don't think it's because they feel sorry for him, I do wonder why though.

We nearly scraped promotion last season but for most of that season we were looking over our shoulders as we were a shambles, there wasn't a team afraid to play us. We started to look good too late, maybe we could have caught Barrow, maybe others could have caught us.

Perhaps the influx of new players will make us champions, maybe, but Ardley's record makes me think not. Nice chap but - out!

Anyone who describes last season as a shambles can't be taken seriously IMO. I know many on here like the melodrama but that's an absurd comment.

The one connection between all those individuals that liked to hire and fire so regularly is Notts County FC. I fear until we got the sensible Danes to save the day it was ingrained in the club whoever was in charge. It had sadly become the norm to supporters, its what we are used to, think is the standard and expect.

Page 13 of 139 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast