+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NCFC Live Streaming Questionnaire

I'm all for this as I live in Scotland. I only make a couple of home games a season and away games if they're up north so would be delighted with thtis option.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I asked for the cheapest package going.

Told them I'd prob not watch it very much at all, as the manager was rubbish.

Oh and I put my name down as 'Laddo', lol.
    It was quite complicated so I'm not sure they'll believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by JockPie View Post
    I'm all for this as I live in Scotland. I only make a couple of home games a season and away games if they're up north so would be delighted with thtis option.
    If this is the short-term way forward it should be to our advantage, because we would probably generate more revenue from live stream subscriptions than any other club in the division. I presume that any government support package would be the same amount for all clubs, so that alone would tend to favour the smaller clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It was quite complicated so I'm not sure they'll believe you.
    If I've got here in time, don't go back on the Lewis Hamilton thread Navy, just don't. Not sure Swale is about right now.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If I've got here in time, don't go back on the Lewis Hamilton thread Navy, just don't. Not sure Swale is about right now.
    I've seen it. Maybe It's because I believe in due process and the rule of law, rather than seeing someone using his position to bay for blood. Seems rational enough.

ps. Don't worry, I know where Swale is. Good lad's just taken me dog for a walk.
    Last edited by navypie; 29-09-2020 at 12:45 PM.

The streaming could be really beneficial to clubs if handled correctly. Dover can probably expect to increase their sales by maybe 1,000-1,500 this weekend thanks to Notts fans so possibly up to £12k revenue which I'm sure would be more than what they would have got for an extra 350-400 fans in the ground, even with burger and brew sales. Would be the same for all our away games. Worry is there will be some clubs that if suddenly getting funding from the prem/gov and making money on streaming whilst reducing staff overheads it might be more beneficial to them financially than having fans back!

It wasn't mentioned in the questionnaire, but does anyone know if streaming would be available outside of the UK? I've been able to watch the recent friendlies, but the FA Trophy semi-final wasn't available to me for whatever reason.

Notts staff, if you are reading this, please make the games available to the entire world (if possible) - I'll happily part with my money! I'm sure there are loads of forrun-pies out there who are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    The streaming could be really beneficial to clubs if handled correctly. Dover can probably expect to increase their sales by maybe 1,000-1,500 this weekend thanks to Notts fans so possibly up to £12k revenue which I'm sure would be more than what they would have got for an extra 350-400 fans in the ground, even with burger and brew sales. Would be the same for all our away games. Worry is there will be some clubs that if suddenly getting funding from the prem/gov and making money on streaming whilst reducing staff overheads it might be more beneficial to them financially than having fans back!
    I aint paying the £8 until I know the game is definitely going ahead. Lost another 10 ickies last week, pulling on me heartstrings like that.

Wonder how it will work splitting the money between both teams? Does the home team just collect all the revenue from the stream regardless of how many home/away fans have purchased?

Example....2k Notts fans pay to watch us as Dover but only 1k Dover fans pay? Seems a little unfair on us.

Could it be that you have to sign in to a streaming account and name your team so all revenue goes to them?
    That surely is the fairest way?

How many people would be prepared to pay double if we played well and won, or pledge £5 per goal? If anybody's seen FIFA streams they'll know how "top donor" becomes a thing and people try to do out do each other and get their name on the screen or a mention in the commentary for chucking in x amount, In the chat you'd get somebody say, I'll give £10 if so and so scores and then somebody else will say I'll give £15 if he scores and so on. If you could go down the donations route AND make it available worldwide I really do reckon you could make a lot more money.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast