Love music of all calibre depending on my 'mindset of the moment' and all folks choices above I like too.At the 'mo Royal Blood is on my headset.

Choosing to work through the night to accommodate family life I always go to bed with Ralph Vaughan Williams playing (Lark Ascending,my favourite).For years my good buddy Leeds fan Alan Moulder (the record producer) without fail once a week at 3am (as he works through the nights) sends me a 30 minute demo of what he's working on and what's trending - so I'm always all ears for new stuff good or bad and have quite a backlog of demos off him.

For 'school runs' I'm presently 'enduring' French progressive reggae/ska dubs that my kids are into which is surprisingly okay.
When Cycling,running I listen only to metal especially Pantera.
If driving alone I only listen to mellow Irish folk/Breton folk stuff nowadays.
If in a bad mood (very rare) Rage Against the Machine will be on loud or Beastie Boys.
For the tough moments of life The Editors,Placebo,Ian Brown,Fleetwood Mac and yes the Smiths have got me through some lows.

Yep,sounds of the Stones,Hendrix,Kinks,Doors,Faces,Beach Boys,Led Zep,Deep Purple,Cream,T- Rex,Slade,Alice Cooper,Black,Sabbath,Eddie and the Hotrods,Pistols,Sham 69,Ian Dury of Punk era,Stray Cats,Dr Feelgood,Joy Division,all Electo stuff particularly Depeche Mode,AC/DC,Stone Roses are all floating around the home at the ready if required.
Out and about I love to hear buskers playing live street music, whatever wherever especially the sounds of a French accordion and banjo.

I do like to collect late 50s/60s/70s Ska/early Dub,Rocksteady Reggae vinyl and have a decent collection built up cheaply as it's widely available in my nearby cultural quarters of Nantes and Paris for me.
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...s-paris-france

Sisters of Mercy - Ben Gunn their guitarist was a real character and helps many folks through Mental illness initiatives,nothing was to much trouble for him to do.Blokes a unsung hero to many including my daughter.Top geezer !
MOT