+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News

Breaking News

It seems that after a meeting of all 20 Prem teams they have rejected the Big Picture proposed by Liverpool and Man Utd.

Good. I'm not sure even the real fans of the top six clubs were in favour of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Good. I'm not sure even the real fans of the top six clubs were in favour of it.
    i am very very scepticle of this, especially when two of them were the instigaters of the entire project!

There is either someting else in the pipeline or something has happened we dont know about that has scuppered it for the time being.

One thing is for sure, the so called big 6 don't give two f*cks about the fans and the teams outside of the top 6, and have shown their cards waaaay to early. If the FA and PL wanted to put an end to all this power crap, now is the time to do it.

The FA chief reckons they were considering a threat to break away unless they got their way.

Let them, I say. Fick 'em.

Zip, the FA are the spanner in the works for this deal.

The FA were granted the power when the PL was formed, the "golden egg" i think it was called. The top 6 threatened to break away to a euro league thing and had Parry on board so they could get it pushed through. It has been snuffled out for the time being, but it wont be the end.

The best case scenario for me would that they stick to the rules and the Americans feck off to another country and monopolise thier game.

I agree...it won't be the end. They've shown their true colours; they have no genuine interest in football, only in making money.

One way or another, this won't end well.

They threaten to walk away and into a European League, Not much of a threat, We will take dominance and lack of competition elsewhere.

they have no genuine interest in football, only in making money.
    this is the best line to describe football today.

people from a world where bouncing a ball, throwing it or hitting it with a piece of wood is seen as the pinacle of sport! and look the other way when you have to kick it!!

Yet the same people know NOTHING of history, community, rivalry and passion for a local team. They only want to make a quick dollar.

They have never had to sneak under a fence to watch their team, never had to climb a wall and run from the police to see their team,

never had to suck off big Leroy for a ticket ( sorry Zip i didnt mean to tell )

I agree...it won't be the end. They've shown their true colours; they have no genuine interest in football, only in making money.

One way or another, this won't end well.
    Agreed.

IF they don't want to be here - they **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    never had to suck off big Leroy for a ticket ( sorry Zip i didnt mean to tell )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)