+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Match thread etc D.Utd v ABERDEEN

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Tries too hard I reckon and ends up making a meal of it. Appears to have taught McLennan the same technique.
    Hayes and Kennedy are in the team because McInnes likes his wingers to be able to put in shift by tracking back to help out the defence.

It’s a decent thing for your wingers to be able to do but it’s pointless if they can’t actually put a decent cross into the box.

I will just leave this there, words fail me as to why the ref did not see this.

Name:  Pen.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  75.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    That's only 10 goals in 9 games this season, maybe it's time to stop playing 3 at the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Hayes and Kennedy are in the team because McInnes likes his wingers to be able to put in shift by tracking back to help out the defence.

It’s a decent thing for your wingers to be able to do but it’s pointless if they can’t actually put a decent cross into the box.
    To be fair, there were some good deliveries into the box today in amongst all the hopeless ones. Considine, Hedges and McGinn all put good balls in and there were one or two from Hayes and McLennan even though most were dire. Nobody in the box to take them though. Surely something we’ll work on in training.

I can’t see Cosgrove being able to play in that system but it’s a given he will be in the team once he is fit so I guess we will find out.

Once he is back in the side I would play Watkins behind him instead of Wright, he is missing too many chances and I’m sure Watkins would have scored most of the ones he has missed.

I can’t see Cosgrove being able to play in that system but it’s a given he will be in the team once he is fit so I guess we will find out.

Once he is back in the side I would play Watkins behind him instead of Wright, he is missing too many chances and I’m sure Watkins would have scored most of the ones he has missed.
    Yep - think I’m with you in that. Watkins could be very effective in that role.

Kennedy back in out wide too for me ASAP...

Full game on BBC Alba right now

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I will just leave this there, words fail me as to why the ref did not see this.

Name:  Pen.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  75.3 KB
    They say decisions balance themselves out over a season, well that was a far stronger claim than the one we conceded against Motherwell that put them ahead.
    So we’ve been penalized twice that’s affected games we’ve dropped points in.

We should still be expecting to be given a soft as ****e pen and to benefit from a stonewalled not given against us

Don't really know what to make of that.

Positives - we dominated the match, we pressed well, we created lots of chances, some of the front interplay was good again, we looked rock solid at the back nearly the whole match. Hayes and McLennan caused all sorts of problems, Ferguson and McCrorie bossed the midfield. McGinn put in some decent balls when he came on. Even big Ash played some nice passes. I think the system works, it's entertaining and I wouldn't change it.

Negatives - the crossing was just poor far too often from both wings, and when a decent ball did come in we just didn't look like we had a striker on the pitch to put it away. No-one gambled. We missed some easy chances, the penalty decision was laughable. Edmondson didn't do anything when he came on, although to be fair to him that was the period of the game when we created fewer chances.

Conclusion? We need a proper striker on the pitch for 90 minutes, our wing backs need to practise their crossing and unfortunately Wright still lacks composure when through on goal. Fix those and we'd have romped home.

Well we should have had the 3 points se wn up by halftime but yet again missed opportunities have cost us. Wright again (but i'm nae just blaming him) especially. Totally dominated the match and never looked like they could trouble us and yet we have big Joe to thank for them undeservingly coming away with three points. I just don't see how the officials fail to spot the handball. Blatant and deliberate. Teams above us dropping points and once more we don't cash in.

And yes it sounded like super Kev was yawning throughout the whole game

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast