+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why The F*ck Is Boris Having To Self Isolate Again?

Why The F*ck Is Boris Having To Self Isolate Again?

Am I missing something here?

He’s had Covid.......I thought this gave immunity for at least 6-12 months?

This is just becoming a total nonsense in my opinion, all of us could be going into self isolation on an almost permanent basis even if we’ve had Covid recently.

I’ve been very careful again for the past 5-6 weeks but to be honest I’m really starting to lose my s h I t with this nonsense.

It’s killed just over 50,000 people out of 67,000,000.....that’s just 0.0007% of the population so far and many of those would have died from winter flu and other things.

Enough of this on Dec 2nd....ENOUGH!!

Start rolling out the vaccine and let’s get back to normal.

0.0007% FFS.......think about that figure for a while before answering!

Just shows how little they know about this virus; they don’t know if he could be a carrier even if he has had the bug before. It said on the news that Boris had been contacted by Test and Trace, he was probably the only person that they could trace, T&T is such a failure, so he is isolating to help them look good. Regarding Test and Trace, the ‘boss’ of that little enterprise, Dildo, certainly wouldn’t make it into our good looking thread, she looks positively equine.

From what I know about the virus, which like most is not much, you can't build up a resistance to it, so you can get it again and again.
    This would mean that a vaccine won't work just like i have said all along.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Am I missing something here?

He’s had Covid.......I thought this gave immunity for at least 6-12 months?

This is just becoming a total nonsense in my opinion, all of us could be going into self isolation on an almost permanent basis even if we’ve had Covid recently.

I’ve been very careful again for the past 5-6 weeks but to be honest I’m really starting to lose my s h I t with this nonsense.

It’s killed just over 50,000 people out of 67,000,000.....that’s just 0.0007% of the population so far and many of those would have died from winter flu and other things.

Enough of this on Dec 2nd....ENOUGH!!

Start rolling out the vaccine and let’s get back to normal.

It’s because he’s self distancing from any responsibility, again. He’s hiding because he’s about to get rinsed at PMQ questions, again. Part of me doesn’t believe he had covid in the first place.

I agree with everything you’ve mentioned mick, the facts are out there but they are also being muddied with other headlines that our media love putting into our heads. They all are competing for headlines at the moment. I wish it was just one news outlet that was only allowed to report covid.
    So last week, big news about the vaccine.. great we all get excited (including me), then the creator of it reckons it’ll be til next winter til we see an impact. So much for that eh.

Anyway, Boris is going into hiding again, Let’s also remember Brexit needs to be done and he’s not on top of that and will blame the EU.. With the amount of incompetence he’s shown this year, I no longer think it is the EU that is causing issues.. it’s boris and his boys.

I personally preferred Strong and Stable, what a shot storm we are in.

All you hear is that Covid cases are rising, then in Saturday's Times expert's have said that the lockdown should be lifted on December 2 because cases are flattening out.
    I don't know what to think.
    All I do know is that the media are trying their best to terrify people.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    From what I know about the virus, which like most is not much, you can't build up a resistance to it, so you can get it again and again.
    This would mean that a vaccine won't work just like i have said all along.
    I have read many scientists now agree there is no building up of immunity, one can fall victim time and again. The vaccine is reported to have a 90% certainty of keeping one safe but it has been rushed through. Testing, testing, testing. I wonder how many law suits will follow in a few years time?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Before you get too dismissive of the numbers:

Firstly, it's 0.07%, not 0.0007%

Secondly, virtually all the Covid-related deaths have been of people aged 45 and over, so the 50,000 is out of a population of about 40 million not 65, so about 0.12%

To put this into context: Picture yourself sitting at The Shrine on a normal match day before all this happened. You can see about 25,000 fans packed in there. Statistically, 30 of the people you could see will have already died of the virus, and the number is still rising.

So yes, I've thought about it. From where I'm sitting, as a member of the "extremely vulnerable" category, it looks anything but insignificant.

Just saying.

I agree with the question why is Boris being asked to self isolate but not the reasoning.

Having had to self isolate myself from T&T the definitions for having close contact given to me were either
    1. Face to face contact with someone who has been tested positive for covid to a distance of one metre even if wearing a mask
    2. Or being within 2 metres of an infected person for 15 minutes or more

Why is anyone, except for family (or your lover) putting themselves in either position, especially someone in his position, social distancing? It also explains why so much of the spread is via family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by OldThrostle View Post
    Before you get too dismissive of the numbers:

Firstly, it's 0.07%, not 0.0007%

Secondly, virtually all the Covid-related deaths have been of people aged 45 and over, so the 50,000 is out of a population of about 40 million not 65, so about 0.12%

To put this into context: Picture yourself sitting at The Shrine on a normal match day before all this happened. You can see about 25,000 fans packed in there. Statistically, 30 of the people you could see will have already died of the virus, and the number is still rising.

So yes, I've thought about it. From where I'm sitting, as a member of the "extremely vulnerable" category, it looks anything but insignificant.

Just saying.
    Well said OldThrostle. Some of the posts on this football forum from our self taught expert doctors are incredible. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion but I know who I will believe.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Well said OldThrostle. Some of the posts on this football forum from our self taught expert doctors are incredible. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion but I know who I will believe.
    I am so glad there are like minded people out there.

Great posts Old Throstle and TipperaryBaggie.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)