When this terrible pandemic first raised it's ugly head in the UK around the beginning of March last year, scientists were predicting it could kill 20,000 people.

What a load of rubbish I thought, 20,000, that's a decent gate for a top Championship Club. I am sure that I am not the only one who thought that, how wrong we all were. I have followed the rules, and am lucky living in a village, with open fields and foot paths to walk on. What it must feel like for someone living in a Tower Block, I can not imagine.

After the 20,000 mark was reached the death rate seemed to slow through the summer, but all the time the total was slowly creeping up towards 40,000. That is a hell of a lot of people, yet some of the public didn't believe in Covid. They were claiming it was a scam, put about by the Politicians. Black Lives Matter protests went on, street parties and raves took place. Relatives travelled to all parts to meet up. Life appeared to be almost back to normal in some eyes.

We were warned that a second wave could hit and be worse, did folks heed the warning, I think not. We have now topped 90,000 dead. That is Molineux Stadium sold out for three games. 100,000 will be reached next week, with each day averaging over 1,000 deaths at the moment.

My daughter is a nurse in Derby Hospital, yesterday there were anti Covid protesters marching outside the Main Entrance. Brain dead or what?

There is light at the end of the tunnel with the arrival of the vaccines. We have a population of around 68 million in the UK, but at the moment only 3 million have been able to receive the jab. I am awaiting the call, but my daughter who is on the front line, has not been offered one yet.

I questioned the original estimate for deaths, but I feel sure that no one could have foreseen the devastation this virus has caused.

Stay safe everyone.